CES 2023: Lenovo Laptops and Your Thoughts!

Options
This discussion has a more recent version.

2023's Consumer Electronics Show has come and gone but not without some big announcements. Our Very own @ronwoodson is particularly excited about the upcoming Lenovo gaming laptops, but don't miss the new upcoming AMD Ryzen 7000 Series CPUs! Of course, we also want to hear what our fantastic Community is excited about too!

Lenovo's New Laptops by @ronwoodson

Lenovo has a track record for fantastic attention to detail, innovative architecture,  insane power, and mind-blowing performance and their appearance at CES this year was no exception. Lenovo is featuring the world's first dedicated AI chip on a gaming laptop, called the Lenovo LA AI chip. It will take center stage in the new Legion Pro 7 and 7i as well as the Legion Pro 5 and 5i laptops. This new AI chip will use machine learning algorithms to tune each system for optimal performance all while delivering up to 15% higher TDP.  And speaking of TDP, let's talk cooling.

These new laptops include an extra-width vapor chamber that spans the entirety of both the CPU and the GPU on the RTX 4090 and RTX 4080 models. In the models with an RTX 4070, the CPU will have its own vapor chamber with hybrid heat piping. This cooling is done by liquid metal fusion, which helps eliminate throttling while expelling heat through super-sized exhaust vents on the rear and sides of the chassis. Altogether, this will produce a whopping 200 to 235 watts of TDP.

The CPUs included will be high-end Core i9 13th generation and AMD Ryzen 7000 series processors. Obviously, with CPUs like that the RAM will be DDR5 and the GPUs will range from NVIDA GeForce RTX 4070s to 4090s. All models revealed have 16" displays though the resolution varies with a WQXGA 2560x1600 240hz version and a scaled-down 1080P 165hz version. They will also feature the largest battery allowed on a plane at 99.99 Whrs - or 99.99 watt-hours - with “super rapid charging” to boot.

Needless to say, these spectacular specs will be groundbreaking!

A few other takeaways from CES 2023, as it relates to retail-ready gaming laptops are:

• I think we're going to see USB A ports greatly reduced if not eliminated altogether in favor of multiple Thunderbolt ports.
  • Similarly, I expect laptop headset jacks to start to disappear as well

But, what did you think of CES? Obviously, we love these new Lenovo laptops, but with so much announced, we almost certainly missed something - let us know in the comments below!

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99