Powerspec g438 not detecting new ssd hard drive

Options

I installed a new ssd hard drive to my computer. I hooked up all the cables and installed on the brackets. It was very easy, however the both windows and the bios does not detect the hard drive. Using a hard drive kit, I removed the hard drive and connected in using a usb adapter to make sure it worked, and it did. I then tried using a different sata cables, and trying the other sata connector on the motherboard and no luck. Is it safe to assume all of the black power cables hanging in the back of the computer are connected to the power supply? They seem to be. Can't think of anything else.

Answers

• Maynardud2
    Options

I have fixed it, however I am still puzzled. I couldn't see the sata slot 1-4, so I was plugging into 5 and 6. So I guess 5 and 6 doesn't work. Sata 1-4 was difficult to see because of the video card. I plugged it into slot 3.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@Maynardud2

We'll investigate. Due to limited I/O some boards will disable specific SATA ports when boards are in use. However, with a Z690 chipset there shouldn't be any limitations here. All the ports are native. I will investigate this week.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@Maynardud2

My mistake, when I read this I thought of the G439 with is a Z690 DDR4 board. This is a Z490 DDR4 board. Here are the rules for the SATA ports:

1. SATA2 will be unavailable when installing M.2 SATA SSD in the M2_1 slot.
    2. SATA5 & SATA6 will be unavailable when installing M.2 SATA/PCIe SSD in the M2_2 slot.

We install the NVMe drive in M.2_2 as a default. This system has a 10700K, M.2_1 is only functional with an 11th Gen CPU. SATA 5 and 6 are disabled.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99