computer video output broke, I think I know the answer, but I want to check anyway.

Options

So, I've been sitting on this for about a month but remember all of the details. Basically, I came back home from college for the semester to get an internship, and when I got home, the computer would turn on but the screen would not turn on. after asking friends and family, I think it's the video card that broke.

so here is what I've done that has not worked, reseating the graphics card, unplugging the card, and running the computer for about a minute, and my motherboard does not have a video thing, so no dice there. when it is on, there is a white VGA light which from what I'm told means it's a problem with the video card. is there anything else I should check, or should I just get it diagnosed and/or replace the video card?

here are some major components I know people are going to want to know

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

Motherboard - MSI B550I MPG Gaming Edge Max WIFI AMD Mini ITX

Video Card - PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT Hellhound Overclock Dualfan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe 4GB

Answers

• Ian
    Options

Greetings,

It doesn't look like that motherboard has another PCI slot to try and you've done mostly everything else you can do. You can verify the issue if you have another video card available, but it sounds like there may be a problem with the card itself.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99