Need help with this new pc

Options
Sliri98
Sliri98
edited January 2023 in Help Choosing Parts

Im thinking of getting a new pc whose parts are sitting in the custom pc builder as im typing this but I need some second opinions. Im trying to get something that i will be able to plug my existing 3.5 HDD into and my 1660 NVIDEA card into. The PC i currently have is a Dell G5 5000 Intel I3, so its a proper piece of garbage. Do folks think this PC (which ill be putting its parts below) is a good option for me to purchase or have I comepletly just selected all the wrong things ?? Ideally I hope to have a device that in the future allows for me to add a new better either graphics card and processor so thats something id also like to know if it would work with this PC but its not a super deal breaker for me.

Things in my cart (Sorry for typing it the forum doesnt let me drop links or images):

Intel - Core i5-12400 Alder Lake 2.5GHz Six-Core LGA 1700 Boxed Processor

Gigabyte - Z690 UD DDR4 Intel LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard

G.Skill - Aegis Series 16GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 CL19 Single Channel Desktop Memory Module 2666C19S-16GIS - Black

NZXT - H5 Flow Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black

Thermaltake - Smart Series 700 Watt 80 Plus ATX Non-Modular Power Supply

Thermaltake - Contac 9 SE 120W TDP CPU Cooler

Comments

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Your Dell is running off a 3.5 hard drive only? That would be why you think it is garbage. Step one is to upgrade that to an SSD and see what you think. Any 12th gen i5 is going to also feel like garbage if it's using a 3.5 disk.

To post a link from the MC builder, you have to name and save the build list, then it will give you a link.
  • tbarggs
    tbarggs Store Associate
    First Comment 5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

Yeah, definitely make sure you get an SSD, a NVME would be great. Just use your existing 3.5 HDD as a secondary drive.

Otherwise, the build looks good for a decent machine! A huge upgrade from what you had previously!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99