B940 accent LEDs

Options

So, this isnt a huge thing, more of a slight annoyance that I figured I'd waste everyone's time and ask about. Originally out of the box, the B940 behaved beyond expectations. One of the pleasant surprises was when the power saving features kicked in - specifically the monitors timing out - the colorful LEDs inside the fans and case also turned themselves off. It was nice not having everything all lit up when nobody was there but while leaving the machine in an awake state.

Since that time, I upgraded to the custom BIOS released here in the forum to slow down the constant high speed fans. After that upgrade, the LEDs no longer follow the same pattern and stay on constantly; in addition to the MSI Mystic Light software no longer does anything. I can still manually control them with the button on the top of the case, and following the direction of setting them manually to match Mystic Light has not fixed that disconnection or restored the silencing of the lights when the monitors turn off.

So, the question is: Is there any simple way to restore the lost functionality? Or do I have to reflash the latest MSI bios back?

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2023
    Options

@RavenTBK

Let me check on that tomorrow, I had no issues with our lab unit.

Simple solution. Uninstall Mystic Lights first, then install MSI Center from here: https://www.msi.com/Landing/MSI-Center

That should restore your RGB control, and there's an LED power saving setting you can toggle on to turn off LED's when the system sleeps.

If you have time to check a few things, I would be curious to see if in Task Manager a process called LEDKeeper2.exe is running in the background. It likely is not. If this is the case, I may have a work around for you.

Adding instructions on this potential solution, please let me know if this works.

1. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\Mystic Light
    2. Rename LEDKeeper2 to LEDKeeper23
    3. Reboot
    4. Rename LEDKeeper23 back to LEDKeeper2 and double click on it. The RGB software should start working.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99