Power Supply mpx-6001-acaaw

Options
Mcgyver
Mcgyver
First Comment
edited February 2023 in Cases and Power Supplies

Is there a reset or fuse on this power supply? if not, what would be a good replacement model if i cant find another mpx-6001-acaaw?

Best Answer

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Mcgyver

I couldn't say. It sounds like a power surge damaged the PSU. It's possible there are other components that are damaged. We would need to look at it and see what components are still good. As for the OS, assuming your running in Windows 10 as long as the drive still works, I don't think there would be an issue moving it to a new platform without reinstalling. Windows 10 is pretty good about installing the new hardware and still booting just fine.

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@Mcgyver

Flip the switch on the PSU itself off for a few minutes. See if it'll power back on. We do not recommend disassembling the unit. It's a large capacitor, it can be extremely dangerous even when unplugged. Was it just dead one morning, or did it shut off in use? When you're trying to power it on do you hear any noise from the system? A click from the PSU?

For replacement units. This my own personal opinion, in the 650W range I like the Thermaltake ToughPower GF1.

• Mcgyver
    Options

It Went off after a power outage. It was on 2 surge protectors.I bought a new CoolerMaster 600 bronze. Still will not boot after reconnecting new power supply. No lights or fans come on. no clicking, no hum. What else could it be?

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    edited February 2023
    Options

@Mcgyver

Most boards have some indicator of standby power. Assuming the new PSU isn't DOA, if you're still getting no power to the board, motherboard is likely to have failed.

I'd pull out everything you don't need. Any expansion cards, disconnect drives from the PSU and board. If it still won't power on, you can short the power switch pins just to verify it's not the power button. If still no power, replace the board.

• Mcgyver
    Options

No lights at all. It's a powerspec g227 with I assume a asrock b365 pro 4 board. If Microcenter replaced it with same board, could everything else just be reconnected and work normal? Speaking mainly about the hard drive without reinstalling windows. If not then how much woul it be to replace the board and add new 500 g ssd hd ? Ill add original drive as second hd and just import everything.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99