Terrible experience with Microcenter w Prebuilt Powerspec G439

Options

TLDR: Bought a Powerspec PC. Started to crash and reboot. Brought the PC in, despite their "48" hour repair guarantee, was told it would take 2 weeks and their 48 hour repair guarantee "didn't matter" .

Longer explanation: Explained that someone at the national call number said because I had a PowerSpec pc that I would get priority service. Walked into the store and was told it would be 2 weeks. After trying to explain the big logo on my box that said 48 hour repair guarantee, I was told it didn't matter. The 48 hour didn't mean anything, and I was placed at the end of the queue. Part of the reason I bought a MicroCenter PC was because everyone swore microcenter was amazing. I was told by a call rep that I would have priority because I purchased their brand. Apparently that didn't matter. When I went to the store, the tech told me that it "didn't matter" and it would take 2 weeks to repair my pc. At this point I'm at a loss. The warranty not only states 48 hour turn around, but also if it takes more time, you are eligible for a 50 dollar credit or gift card. So I write an email to one of the Front End Supervisors explaining my situation. Thankfully they understood where I was coming from.. and assured me that my repair would be done in 48 hours and not the 2 weeks that the tech told me.

I have heard so many good things about Microcenter, so I am absolutely baffled by this outcome.

I was texted that my PC is now ready to pick up, it was a bad CPU. I have no faith that this repair was done correctly and just done as a "get them moving out"

The worst part is I bought an Acer Nitro 1440 monitor before I left. Wish I didn't because honestly, this is one of the worst experiences I've had, and it was my first.

Comments

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    Options

First and foremost, I want to apologize for the experience you had with our PowerSpec brand, believe me when I tell you that this is not the experience we want our customers to have when it comes to our products. I'll say it here so that there is no doubt, our 48 hour repair guarantee is exactly that, a guarantee. If complications are encountered during repair that pushes that time beyond 48 hours (parts shortages, extended diagnostic times to determine root cause, complexity of build such as custom water loops, etc.), then we offer gift cards for the inconvenience but the repair is STILL prioritized. We provide these terms on our PowerSpec branding page:https://www.microcenter.com/site/brands/powerspec.aspx

I'll circle back with all teams involved to ensure there is no error in communication on these terms.

Secondly, I understand your hesitation to trust the repair given your experience with this situation. I'd have the same level of frustration if I were in your position. With that said, we would never push a repair out quickly just for the sake of getting the system out of the store. From a business perspective, it would make no sense, and from a customer satisfaction perspective, it would make even less sense. Computer components can be expensive, and we would certainly try to avoid replacing components at random if we were not confident that it would resolve the issue. Not only that, we do not want customers making unnecessary trips to and from the store, lugging their heavy (and expensive) PC's around and risking damage to the components. It's not economical for either side given the gas prices and prices of computer hardware these days, and as a business we simply can't allow our customers to lose faith in our commitment towards a good customer experience.

Lastly, I wanted to talk more about our team and our commitment on making sure these systems meet our quality standards not only in terms of the physical builds, but also the level of support provided for these systems. At the end of the day, we are Micro Center customers too. In fact, they get my paycheck just as quickly as they pay me sometimes. When our team builds these systems, we always approach them from the perspective of a customer first and "Micro Center Employee" second. This means we think about expandability/upgrading and using off the shelf components, avoiding proprietary designs because we, as customers, hate not being able to upgrade our systems to fit our needs. We also don't like extended downtimes when something goes wrong, which is why we emphasize the 48 hour repair guarantee. If we do not have the same hardware in-stock, then we will attempt to use upgraded hardware, even if it costs more, because we'd rather give you a better experience than a worse experience. When it comes to supporting our products, we like to be directly involved when we can. We are active on the community forum not because it's mandated in some sort of employee handbook or SOP, but because we genuinely believe in our products and the people that buy them.

While I know my words may mean very little given this recent experience, we'd still like the opportunity to earn your business in the future. If you or ANY PowerSpec customer has an issue or needs help with your PowerSpec system, don't hesitate to reach out to us directly on this forum:

@PowerSpec_KenJ

@PowerSpec_MikeW

@PowerSpec_MichaelB

Our team, while small, has a wealth of knowledge we'd gladly share if it means a better overall experience in the end.

Now that you have your system back from repair, let us know how it performs and if the stability has been resolved. Should you have any questions, concerns or just general comments in general, let us know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99