Help With BSOD crashes on my PowerSpec?

I bought a PowerSpec a few years ago and have dealt with intermittent crashing. occasional game crashes and also occasional BSOD crashing. I didn't play any games for a good chunk of time, but now that I've resumed, the crashing is happening.

Especially during Apex Legends. Two consecutive matches--- I got "page fault in nonpaged area" BSOD and then next match "irql not less or equal". In the past, I also had a BSOD "memory management" mssg. I have been non bnlue screen crashing Fortnite as well. (not sure if it's a coincidence, but most of these crashes occur when I am playing with friends in a party in -game, occasionally using discord to chat, which is odd imo).

I also crashed on Blender once.

Specs:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz  3.70 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (<<<32 but I took one out to see if the RAM was the issue)

GPU is Geforce RTX 3080

Any Suggestions?

Answers

• PowerSpec_KenJ
    PowerSpec_KenJ PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

I would start with Memtest86 to see if you are getting memory errors. Seemingly random different BSODs typically point to memory or storage. The issue could also be the memory controller on the CPU, but that is rare. Based on your specs, I believe you have either a G467 or G468, both of which used a Western Digital SSD. You can use the WD Dashboard from the Western Digital support site to analyze the drive to see if that is the cause of the crashing.

• I’ve had bsod for reasons of which I can’t explain. 

I stumbled upon , please let me paraphrase -

if you click on system > about > advanced system settings > startup and recovery > settings > (and) untick [Automatically restart.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99