ASROCK B450M Pro 4 mb no display after install new AMD RYZEN 5600G APU

Options

Old CPU was an AMD RYZEN 5 1600. I own 32GB DDR4 2400 CL16 (4X8GB). 2 STICKS are G.Skill "Flare" (cl16.16.16.39 1.20v). The other 2 are Corsair "Vengeance" CL16.16.16.39 1.20v. I had a machine that booted into Windows 11 before. It was fine,but slow with one stick of the G.skill ram. I put the 2nd in and it was faster, but began having ntoskrnl.exe bsods for irql not less or equal errors. Also a lot of the achi errors in the event logs. I had the latest bios from ASROCK for that old processor. I also have an MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB gpu. I had the onboard gpu disabled in Uefi bios before. Tonight I decided it was time to upgrade so I bought the new AMD 5600G cpu and anew Samsung M.2 970 Evo plus ssd drive. I installed just the new cpu and new amd wraith cpu fan and now I do not get any hdmi output at all. I tried removing the cmos cr2032 battery from the mobo but still no video. Just one stick of either g.skill or corsair ram in the A1 or A2 ram slot, no video. Tried a different monitor. All I get is Case and CPU fan and the two GPU fans. They run for a few seconds and shut down then start again. I tried on board HDMI and the GPU HDMI. Nothing works. I know I need to flash the bios but it should at least go to BIOS screen with the old bios, right? What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2023
    Options

@ABNormal1960

You do need to update the BIOS. Generally with that large of a generation move, it's not going to POST at all. Sounds like the system fails and restarts when it tries to initialize the memory controller. Swap the old CPU back in, flash to at least 5.00 and you should be good.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99