Upgrade Questions

Options

Good Evening Folks

I was given this machine about 2 years or so ago. Here are the current specs from the speccy app. I am wondering what upgrade path I can take for additional storage and most importantly a videocard.

Thanks for the information and without further ado here are the specs:

These are the bare information I can get. If you need more detailed info let me know. Appreciate the input as I move forward to make this PC as good as I can get. Budget is about $1000 for upgrades if that's too much I understand. The videocard was just one I found from my previous job

Thanks Again

Comments

• Vaganza
    Vaganza ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls 5 LOLs
    Options

I really like the Inland brand nVME SSDs, there are several sizes and speed ratings, the 1 TB "Performance" model is great and priced really well. There are several models of RTX 3070 and 3070ti available for less than $650, I think that would get you where you need to be for less than $1000.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

A 520 series motherboard can take a 5000 series Ryzen if you go to Gigabyte's web page and get the latest BIOS update.

For video, you can use pretty much anything in the nVidia 3000 or Radeon 6000. Depends on if you want to upgrade the CPU how far you want to go. If you stay with the 3600 then I'd go with a Radeon 6700XT or 6750XT, something like this: ASRock AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT Challenger Pro Overclocked Triple Fan 12 GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card - Micro Center

That motherboard has an m.2 slot, so your current SATA type hard drive is really really slow compared to an m.2. Any PCIe3 generation m.2 will do nicely, as someone already mentioned the inland ones are a good bargain.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99