First PC build and am looking for advice

Options

Hi! I am looking to build my first pc and I saw a YouTube video showcasing one i thought was good, but i dont know too much about parts. So I built a parts list of the most similar parts at micro center.

Intel - Core i3-13100 Raptor Lake 3.4GHz Quad-Core LGA 1700 Boxed Processor - Heat Sink Included

ASUS - B660M-A Prime WiFi D4 Intel LGA 1700 microATX Motherboard

TeamGroup - T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 CL18 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit TLZGD416G3600HC - Gray

Thermaltake - V200 RGB Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black

Thermaltake - Smart Series 700 Watt 80 Plus ATX Non-Modular Power Supply

Intel - 670p Series 1TB SSD 3D QLC NAND Flash M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive

I'm looking to mainly play games like Rust, COD, gta, and asseto corsa as well as watch youtube and netlfix and stuff like that. I also need to be able to edit videos with adobe premire pro. I would like to keep my budget around the 700-800 dollar range but if its worth it i'd be willing to go to 1000 for one that would be worth it and last a long time. Im looking at 2 monitors, the ViewSonic OMNI VX2418-P-MHD or the ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QR 24.5” . Is the part list i made good enough for what i want to do? Is one monitor better than the other or should I just go with the cheaper one? Am I missing anything? I'd really appreciate any feedback and advice. Like I said, I'm new to this and dont know much about parts so the list i made was just to see what I can get. If theres something better for what i wanna do I'd rather that. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Ian
    Options

Greetings,

In my opinion, this range is a bit weird to build in for gaming, and honestly pre-builds made of parts might be better at this range. For your list, you're missing a video card which is going to be necessary for any sort of gaming.

If you can go up to $1000 overall, I'd go for a prebuilt that already has a solid processor in it and a NVIDIA 3060 for gaming. https://www.microcenter.com/product/660304/powerspec-g513-gaming-pc

For monitors, that is kinda personal preference, if you're able to drop by a Micro Center store, we'd have a variety of monitors on display at each store to get a better idea of what you may be looking for.

• Dyl635
    Options

Thanks so much! I didnt realize i forgot the video card. I made a new list very similar to the powerspec prebuilt you linked(thank you) and I also added the monitor I want and it comes out to 1000.

AMD - Ryzen 5 5600G Cezanne 3.9GHz 6-Core AM4 Boxed Processor - Wraith Stealth Cooler Included

ASRock - B550M-C AMD AM4 microATX Motherboard

TeamGroup - T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 CL18 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit TLZGD416G3600HC - Gray

Thermaltake - V200 RGB Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black

Thermaltake - Smart Series 700 Watt 80 Plus ATX Non-Modular Power Supply

PowerColor - AMD Radeon RX 6600 Fighter Dual-Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card

Intel - 670p Series 1TB SSD 3D QLC NAND Flash M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive

AOC - 24G2SP 23.8" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 165Hz Gaming Monitor

I went with a slightly cheaper card (rx 6600) but I did some research and it looks very similar to the 3060 performance wise. I also used a different case that I like better than the one from the powerspec. Is this better for what I want or do you think I should stick with the powerspec prebuilt? Thanks again for your help.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

Microcenter's current prices put the 5600 only $10 more than the 5600G, so if you can, the 5600 is a much better choice that will be a good CPU longer term. The 'G' model has built in graphics, which you do not need if you get a card. Also, in order to have that graphics included, it uses the prior generation's technology. The non-G 5600 is a generation of CPU technology newer.

That 6600 is a perfectly good graphics card, especially for the games you listed.

If your list above including the monitor is 1000, which is your budget, keep in mind the powerspec is also 1000 but does not include a monitor.

• Dyl635
    Options

Awesome. Thanks a ton. I think thats what im gonna go with then. Appreciate all the help guys.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99