New PowerSpec G366 and Headset Mic not working

Options

We just got a new gaming PC. It is G366.

We have 2 Sennhesier Headsets. They both work on my other son's Powerspec PC but they don't work on the new PC.

We are plugging in mic and headset able at the top of the PC.

Windows detects it. We can hear sounds.

When we test sounds using settings->sound->microphone -> starts it shows 1% audio.

We are past 15 day return policy so we have no choice but to get this fixed.

I tried finding new drivers but we already have the latest.

I have a unhappy kids who is now using 10 year old USB headsets instead of brand new Sennheiser GSP 602 Gaming headset.

Should we plug into the back of the PC instead of top.

Please help us figure this out.

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@newkidonthblock

Is this mic a single TRRS or dual TRS connector?

• Dual connector. Headset has Mic and headphone connector.

We made sure we plugging mic to mic input of PC and headphone to headphone input of PC

Powerspec is the only PC we have had that has this dual input.

I bought that Sennheiser headset because it had dual connectors.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@newkidonthblock

Does it work on the rear, using the green and pink jacks? When you connected then, the Realtek Audio console should pop up and ask you what the device was. Did you set it as a mic/headphone? You can change it in the Realtek Audio Console.

If none of that works, check for an issue with soft ports. Right click "Start" and go to "Apps". Find "Realtek High Definition Audio" and uninstall it, then reboot. This will clear the soft port information and then try again. The driver will reinstall itself through windows update.

• It did not work on the rear either. when I connected the realtek audio did pop up and asked me what the device was. We did set it as Mic/headphone.

I will try to uninstall the realtek high def audio and reboot.

My son was able to use a USB headset so at least it is working.

Thanks for your suggestions.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@newkidonthblock

Let me know what happens when you uninstall a driver. I have seen issues like this with the 'soft ports' on Realtek audio codecs and it's usually an easy fix.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99