ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-E with Error 00

Options

Built a new PC and booted and installed windows. I shut down PC and next time I booted it I just get error code 00 on the Motherboard. Removed Motherboard from case and tried bench booting motherboard same thing. Tried clearing CMOS and also used Bios Flashbackt to make sure bios was updated. Same thing wont boot just error 00.

Any ideas or suggestions before I go to Microcenter?

Comments

• Dark_water_
    edited March 2023
    Options

Same problem here, will post seperately. I got the G.Skill Flare X5 Series F5-6000J3636F16GX2-FX5 from the promotion, and wonder if that isnt the culprit. Also, have seen others having this issue which goes away after deselecting expo in the bios. Are you able to POST in safemode, and access the bios?

• rodan1967
    rodan1967
    First Comment
    edited March 2023
    Options

I am running  G.Skill F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5NR. I had machine booting and windows installed with no issues. Got up this morning it would not boot error 00 as soon as I power on. I cannot get into bios just has black screen.

• Dark_water_
    edited March 2023
    Options

I am not the greatest resource for trouble shooting, since I can't solve my own problems, but I am generally able to eventually boot windows by power cycling repeatedly until eventually one catches.

To get to this point I:

-Physically removed and reseated the RAM until I heard a solid click.

-Unplugged the power cord and did a CMOS reset

-made a USB drive to complete a Bios Flash

-powered on/off repeatedly while watching mobo q-led/q-codes. if I start with a "00" it isn't going to boot. If I start with a "15" it will boot at least to BIOS.

I know this isnt awesome, as it sounds like both of our machines are pretty useless after spending thousands, but hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in and help.

• rodan1967
    Options

Pretty much did everything you did. I can never get past the 00 error code. Soon a power comes on. Just sits there. Sadly I don’t have another system to try swapping between them. I do have a second video card which I did swap with same results

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@rodan1967

Error code 00, but what are the debug LED's indicating? Is it red or yellow?

• rodan1967
    Options

No debug light on. Soon as power button pushed just the 00 code

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@rodan1967

That actually means it's not doing anything. Do you have your 8 Pin CPU power connected on the top left?

• rodan1967
    Options

Yes all 3 power cables connected

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@rodan1967

What CPU Cooler do you have on it on the bench?

• rodan1967
    Options

I’ve got a AIO in case but just a air cooler when on bench.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    edited March 2023
    Options

@rodan1967

Just making sure you had something. AM5 is an LGA socket, you need some mounting pressure pushing the CPU onto the socket pins to POST. It's odd you're get nothing at all from the debug LED's. Can you post a short video?

• rodan1967
    Options

I thought of that also. When I got mobo I bench tested it with just a air cooler sitting on cpu. Installed mobo in case with AIO and actually had windows installed with no issues. Today when I went to power it up the 00 came up as soon as I powered it up. Also tried clearing CMOS and re updating bios with Flashback button which actually is working. I will post a video tomorrow and I’m gonna pull a power supply from another machine in the morning just to rule out its not PSUissue.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@rodan1967

Worth ruling out the component. If it's not the PSU and you're seeing the same behavior. 00 with no debug LED my first thought would be the motherboard failed. Bad CPU should at least try and fail to initialize.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99