Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master post code "FE"

Options

gigabyte X570S aorus master motherboard post code "FE". manual states "FE" is "FB-FF are reserved for future AMI error codes". though in multiple forums and other places, others with the same code have said it's a RAM seating/CPU cooler seating problem. i reseated my cooler, and reseated my RAM three times, the FE code still shows. i checked all my cables too. running most up to date BIOS (f5a), ran memtest86, no RAM errors, cleared CMOS, everything hardware related showing ok in device manager and BIOS, XMP enabled, showing advertised XMP speeds, but code still shows. not sure what to do.

gigabyte x570s aorus master

BIOS - f5a

amd ryzen 7 5800x

teamgroup t-force vulcan z 2x16gb 3600 cl14 14-15-15-35 1.45v TLZGD432G3600HC14CDC01

xfx merc319 rx 6750 xt

phanteks amp 750

win 10 64-bit

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Jakeabyte

If the system is working properly, it may just be a place holder for no issue that Gigabyte uses. I'd check your event viewer logs, make sure nothing is going on like WHEA_Uncorrectables. If everything looks good, ignore it, or disable it in the BIOS after POST. Make sure the debug LED's are clear. I've seen manufacturers use AO, or FF as debug codes for no issue. Additionally, important to remember that the debug codes are for POST, after the system does POST, the LED is used for op codes by the OS. My guess is the FE being displayed is just a bug and there is no issue. Likely a BIOS bug, updating the BIOS may clear it.

• Jakeabyte
    Options

just checked event viewer "hardware events", and there are no events, so i'm guessing the hardware is ok. let me know. also, will try to update BIOS, though it's running the latest version. i'll just overwrite it again. but now i need to buy another flash drive, it's not working haha.

• Jakeabyte
    Options

nevermind, just checked system error logs, i'm guessing some of these matter, or are causing the FE code? they are:

• Cannot zero sectors on disk \\?\PhysicalDrive1. Error code: 1B1@0101000F
    • The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the following error: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
    • DCOM got error "1115" attempting to start the service SecurityHealthService with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: {8C9C0DB7-2CBA-40F1-AFE0-C55740DD91A0}
    • Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073D02: 9WZDNCRFJBMP-MICROSOFT.WINDOWSSTORE.
    • The netprofm service terminated with the following error: The device is not ready.

i think the only one that matters is the first one in the list, since it's hardware.

• Jakeabyte
    Options

sorry for me being confused again, that first one has nothing to do with C:, i was trying to fix a USB drive. so nix my whole reply above haha. will get another flash drive and just flash overwrite my existing BIOS.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@Jakeabyte

The latest BIOS is F37b is a beta. You might want to rollback to F36 instead. It's probably just a bug with the beta BIOS. OS is reporting an op code it can't interpret.

• Jakeabyte
    Jakeabyte
    First Comment
    edited March 2023
    Options

i have the x570s aorus master, not the x570 aorus master. current is F5a.

• Jakeabyte
    Options

another thing i could be thinking is, my ram kit isn't in the QVL list, but others are running it, same board, and says it's fine, and it's even posting the XMP profile as stable at the advertised XMP profile.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@Jakeabyte

Might try F4 in that case. Doesn't indicate a memory problem. If the memory were unstable, you'd be seeing BSOD's. I really think this is a bug with the beta BIOS interpreting an op code incorrectly.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99