ROG STRIX 4090 Build

evinrude1846
evinrude1846 ✭✭
Photogenic
edited March 2023 in Your Completed Builds

It was time for a new gaming computer. I originally had an older Alienware Aurora R7 with a 1080ti. I am done with Alienware pre-builds since upgrading them is next to impossible. I showed up to my local Microcenter and told the build your own pc salesperson that I hate money. Since I hate money I, paid as much Asus tax as the build would allow. I went with the Hyte Y40 case because I wanted to vertically mount the 100 lb. 4090 and wanted the RGB setup to be front and center to remind myself that I hate money. I tried to make Asus TUF ARGB fans work, but the RGB was weak and did not remind me that I hate money. I went with Cooler Master Halo fans with exception to the ARGB fans that were included in the ASUS ROG Ryujin II ARGB Cooler.

The Cooler Master case fans were quieter and provided better cooling (benchmark tests to prove it) and the RGB lighting emitted from them reminds me that I hate money. The icing on the cake was the ROG Strix 4090 because, well, I feel that spending less than $2000 for a GPU is for people that like money.

All kidding aside this is a great top tier gaming PC. The temps are stable, and it is a very quiet system. The 13900K is a beast of a CPU, but the 360 cooler does a good job of keeping the temps low and it can handle the processor boost. The most I have seen is 80c in stress test and I have never seen thermal throttling. The cooler can drop the temp down 30c after the radiator fans spin in seconds.

Specs:

• Hyte Y40 Red Case
  • Intel 13900K
  • Asus ROG Maximus Hero z790
  • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 5600Mhz x2
  • Asus ROG Strix 4090
  • Asus ROG Thor II Platinum 1000w
  • Asus Ryujin II 360 ARGB
  • Cooler Master MF120 Halo ARGB 120mm x1
  • Cooler Master MF120 Halo ARGB 140mm x2
  • Cooler Master Sickle Flow ARGB 120mm x1

CPU Temps: