System for Star citizen.

Options

Hi I'm looking for a system that will be able to play star citizen upon release at max settings and at least 60 FPS.

Budget is around $750 US.

Not exactly sure where to start as my current system is a self built Phenom II black edition that got upgraded with a RX 580 and am starting from a clean slate.

Comments

• Aodhan_Gorman
    Aodhan_Gorman ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited March 2023
    Options

Based on this article and my own experience with the game, just to hit these requirements at 1080p today you will need a least an RTX 2070 or RTX 3060. But based on a lot of Star Citizen's projected development and system requirements, it is expected to take even more than that once the game is fully released.

Star Citizen System Requirements (2023 Update) (tencomputer.com)

I run the game at 1440p but with an RTX 3090 and on average I get about 60fps in stations and 140fps off station.

I think you will struggle to find any hardware capable of hitting the maximum settings in your price range since even used RTX 2070s are still going for about $300 but that card or a new RTX 3060 would be a good starting position.

RSI also releases average user reported aggregate scores based on their hardware and that would be a good place to look into the real system requirements for what parts they have success with!

RSI Public Telemetry (robertsspaceindustries.com)

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99