Question Concerning the Future of the Fairfax VA Micro Center Store

Options

I've already contacted MC Support through email and been told that Micro Center "does not have any plans to relocate or close our Fairfax location," but the changes supposedly coming to Pan Am Shopping Center where it's located suggest differently:

This is evidently not "set in stone," and no one seems to know when demolition/construction will begin, but I don't see where Micro Center would fit in this "revitalized" concept, and I find it difficult to believe that the store (and corporate) hasn't made an announcement yet. Apparently there's a meeting at 7pm on 3/30 to discuss this where the "PetValu" store used to be.

Comments

• destruya
    destruya
    First Comment
    edited March 2023
    Options

I posted a more detailed thread (with an image explaining the following) in the Store Information and Policies subforum, but figured I'd post in here as well...

What is Micro Center planning on doing if/when the shopping center it currently resides in demolishes the store to put up Yuppie Container apartments? The most recent plan (the image of which can be seen in the aforementioned post in the SI&P subforum) shows that the Michael's is planning to stay in the shopping center, but not Micro Center. Contacting MC's "help center" bore answers that were ambiguous at best.

The replies I got stated that MC has no plans to close or relocate the Fairfax VA store, and there's no telling when exactly the demolition or construction will begin, but it'd be nice to know if soon the only DC Area store will be the Rockville one. =/

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings,

Our Community forums are located at the same place as our email/chat support. At this time we do not have any plans to relocate our Fairfax store. I'd recommend keeping an eye on our website and social media pages as updates will be posted there if we do relocate or open new store locations. 

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99