Does tier 3 build include installing case fans?

Options
kevinreadyjr
edited March 2023 in Consumer Tech

I recently came in to get to a new rig built and right before I checked out, the tech said I had to pay additional to install the case fans, to the order or $120 for the 6 fans I bought with Micro Center. The tier 3 build already costs $250, so this comes out to $370, which is almost the cost of a custom water-cooled option. In the Tier 3 build description, it states:

• If any additional fans have been purchased, these are installed and arranged for the best airflow for cooling all components, then plugged in to the board for power

I can't help but to feel I'm getting ripped off here. Has anybody else had a similar experience or does this sound off?

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings,

Looks like you have been in contact with us via other support channels and they have passed your information over to the store for this to be looked into.

• kevinreadyjr
    edited March 2023
    Options

I spoke to some folks in store and they modified the cost to $40 to install the 2x 3 fan purchases I made. I still think a build should include installation of fans, especially when it comes with no fans in the first place.

• Vaganza
    Vaganza ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls 5 LOLs
    Options

Quite often we get builds with additional 6-9 fans, we have found that it does take quite a bit of extra time and then we find additional parts are often needed. The build techs do try to partner with the sales person to go over all of that.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99