Looking to build a decent PC for around $1300 NVIDA 3060 or 3070 preferred

Options
princesssharks
edited April 2023 in Help Choosing Parts

I am building a PC for my boyfriend and I am just looking for some advice on what to switch out or if I am missing anything!

There's what I have now, I would like to stay with a minimum 3060ti and 2tb ssd - he wants to play Far Cry 6, Outlast, Dead by Daylight, Overwatch, etc - he also streams a lot of games to me so we're needing something that will allow him to stream via discord.

if you have any advice or see anything i need to add please let me know!

Answers

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings,

I'm not seeing any parts listed here, what did you have in mind?

• First, you need to add everything else. I personally would recommend one of the cpu and motherboard bundles available in the microcenter store and, although the wattage should depend on your bundle, you should get a fully modular psu to fully support it. 16gb of ram is a pretty good place to start and I would recommend dual channel unless constricted by another factor (such as a bundle). Fans also depend a lot on the cpu and chipset that you're choosing although, especially at your budget, air cooling is much better. For the Case, a case from a respected manufacturer that fulfills your requirements and has quite good reviews should be enough. Finally, I would recommend to do your research as there is very little chance that you'll get all of your knowledge about your parts from random people and researching the parts yourself is the only way to make sure that it's right for you.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99