Future of the Northern Virginia location

Options

The Fairfax, VA location is currently going through talks for redevelopment. Everyone I know in the area who needs tech loves this place and its always full of people with full carts.

Are there plans to move this store to another location near by? It'd be a great loss to be without microcenter completely.

The store there is still decorated like it was 20 years ago, which will be a shame to lose, but losing the only place I can pick up components in person would be a greater loss.

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings,

Our Community forums are not located at a specific store. At this time we do not have any plans to relocate our Fairfax store. I'd recommend keeping an eye on our website and social media pages as updates will be posted there if we do relocate or open new store locations. 

• dualrange
    Options

I'm unable to post links with my new account but an excerpt from a local news source covering the development:

"However, the question-and-answer portion of the meeting suggested some residents are already anxious about what the redevelopment could mean for Pan Am and the overall community.

At the forefront of many minds was the future of the current retailers, especially Michaels and Micro Center. One resident’s impassioned plea for the necessity of retaining the computer store drew claps from her fellow attendees, who easily exceeded 50 people.

While Federal Realty has confirmed that Safeway will stay as the main anchor, it’s still “trying to figure out” where the other retailers will go, Hendrickson said. The illustrative plan shows an expanded retail space.

Noting that the retail market has been moving away from big box stores, Hendrickson explained that the housing and other amenities, like parks and pedestrian paths, would support the shopping center’s businesses by creating a sense of community."

I'm hoping Microcenter is considering these movements and planning ahead. It'd be a loss if these real estate sharks pull the only decent computer store out from under us.

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Thanks for sharing! I'll be sure to pass this over to our corporate teams to ensure they are aware of this. Any sort of future updates to this, if necessary, would be communicated directly on our website or through social media channels.

• dualrange
    Options

@Ian

Hi,

Has there been an update on this? If you could reach out to any teams that would be in-the-know, it would be greatly appreciated.

Redevelopment is still going through and its unclear if the Micro center location will survive.

www dot fairfaxtimes dot com/articles/fairfax_county/pan-am-shopping-center-s-future-for-redevelopment/article_ef734b62-42b7-11ee-8430-3730dc1ce841.html

• Ian
    Options

Hello,

I wouldn't have any information to provide than what has been sent prior: "Any sort of future updates to this, if necessary, would be communicated directly on our website or through social media channels."

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99