Cam I get a opinion of parts

I am new And I wanted a expert opinion on what I've picked out. I want to use it for competitive games like valorant.do you think any of this would be overkill or reccoment something alittle bit more cheaper? 

CPU-Intel i7-12700k 12 core 

CPU Cooler- msi mag coreliquad 240r v2 78.73 cfm liquid cooler 

Motherboard-ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO ATX

Memory-CORSAIR VENGENCE 2x 16GB DDR5-5600 CL36  

Storage- 2TB Samsung 980 pro m.2-2280 PCIE 4.0 X4 NVME SSD
4tb WD hdd 7600 rpm 3.5"

Video card Asus TUF gaming GeForce RTX 4070 TI 12GB GDDR6X

Case-Asus rog strix helios atx full tower

Power supply- corsair rm1000x (2021) 1000w 80+gold fully modular atx

Monitor- Asus TUF gaming VG27AQL1A 2560×1440 hz

Answers

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2023

Valorant has comically low system requirements so that system will be idling along playing at the highest settings: VALORANT Specs: Minimum, recommended & high-end requirements (playvalorant.com) . A 3060Ti is considered overpowered for Valorant, never mind any 4000 series.

What other games do you have, anything demanding? Also, just curious what PC you have now that you want to upgrade?

• I currently do not own a desktop so I'm coming in from scratch other games would be like fortnite overwatch and the newer call of duty games but  also far cry primal and elder scrolls oblivion 
  • magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer

So if you go to youtube and search the name of a game plus the chip of a graphics card, for example "call of duty modern warfare 2 4070 ti" or "far cry primal 3060" then you get a bunch of videos showing framerates and detail levels at various screen resolutions like 1080p or 4k. So you should watch some of those to get an idea of what kind of video card you should get that also fits in your budget.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99