I am Luke, please be my Yoda...

Options

I'm a newbie looking to build a PC for first-person shooter gaming. My budget is under 2k. Not included is a monitor below. Have everything else. Any guidance is much appreciated!

CPU: (1) Intel Core i5-13400 Raptor Lake 2.5GHz Ten-Core LGA 1700 Boxed Processor - Heatsink Included ($219.99 EACH)

Motherboard: (1) ASUS Z690-PLUS TUF Gaming WiFi DDR4 Intel LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard ($259.99 EACH)

RAM: (1) Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit CMK32GX4M2E3200 - Black ($79.99 EACH)

Case: (1) Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black ($144.99 EACH)

Power Supply: (1) EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GT 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply ($129.99 EACH)

Video Card: (1) MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 2x Overclocked Dual-Fan 12GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card ($364.99 EACH)

M.2 / NVMe SSD: (1) Samsung 980 Pro SSD 2TB M.2 NVMe Interface PCIe Gen 4x4 Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND 3 bit MLC Technology (MZ-V8P2T0B/AM) ($149.99 EACH)

Water Cooling Kits: (1) Lian Li Galahad 360mm RGB Water Cooling Kit - White ($159.99 EACH)

Total: $1,509.92

Answers

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2023
    Options

You've selected the RGB version of the 4000D case which comes with three fans down the front with lights that you pay extra for. However you selected a 360 cooler which will only fit in the front of that case and that displaces the RGB case fans. I suggest you select a Corsair branded 240mm cooler which will fit in the top of the case. Since you need the Corsair software to run the lights of the case fan, getting a Corsair cooler means only that one piece of control software, called iCue. If you get a LianLi brand cooler, then you need their software as well, so that's two things to run lights and cooler. Better for system happiness and stability to only use one software.

Otherwise, fine looking is this list (that's the yoda part)

• CraigK22623
    Options

Awesome - Thank you for that insight! this will be my first PC build, so this bit of info is definitely helpful! Any other tips/tricks are greatly appreciated!

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

You didn't mention which first person shooter game. Please check Youtube for the name of the game(s) and 3060. There will be reviews showing the framerates and details levels you can expect. Depending on the game and your monitor resolution a 3060 is either crazy overkill, just right, or hardly any hope.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99