How do I turn off these hideous fan lights?

Options

I've spent many thousands of dollars and untold numbers of hours trying to create a beautiful home. Then one day the husband comes home with a new computer for me, except it's completely hideous and is the polar opposite style to my carefully curated decor. It's PowerSpec's G441. Surely there is a way to disable these rainbow--hued fan lights. Can someone instruct me before I go straight bonkers? A great many thanks!

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@ChelleKristine

You should have a program installed called Mystic Lights. Open this and set the color to off and apply.

• Hey there, Mike W!

I did as you said - opened Mystic Lights. I didn't see a way to actually turn the lights off altogether, but I first changed the lights to white and then chose the "weather" option. I don't know what "weather" is supposed to do, but when I selected it, the lights went off and stayed off! I'm delighted!

Thank you enormously!

ChelleKristine

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@ChelleKristine

It's set to Rainbow out of the factory and it shows that and every setting below it. You have to scroll up to see the "Off" option. But you found a simple work around. With that model, you should also just be able to hold the "M" button for about 3 seconds to switch the RGB off. Let us know if you have any other questions.

• Mike W, great to know! I just want to thank you for your help and the time you ' ve given me this week - I am so grateful!

Have a great weekend,

Michelle

• TomSpeck
    Options

Had similar difficulty with PowerSpec G443. The Mystic Lights software didn't seem to work. The physical M button would toggle through a number of 'modes' but never turned off. Pressing and hold M key down for several seconds didn't work. After some time troubleshooting it appears to work as follows: The M button acts like a multi position switch where only one of the positions accepts software control, the others are predetermined. The trick to finding the controllable mode is to open the mystic lights software and select ALL and OFF. Then begin sequentially advancing the M button and sending the OFF command via software. Eventually you will find the spot that works.

Let me know if this works.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99