PowerSpec G442

Options
snmavronis
snmavronis ✭✭
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
edited April 2023 in PowerSpec

Hello, this is my first post here. It's been 1 month owning this nice PowerSpec G442 gaming PC. My last gaming computer I had built from scratch in 2016. Originally I was helping a local friend select a replacement PC after his had died. By the time I filtered through all the PowerSpec models and I suggested the G442 it teased me enough that while to Micro Center together we both bought the same system and 32" LG UltraGear (includes AMD FreeSync too so I peeled off the Nvidia sticker LOL) display! I needed more storage for my old data files so I also added a Western Digital 1TB WD_Black w/Heatsink NVMe SSD to use as my games drive.

I do have one question though: Is the 750W 80+ Gold power supply an EVGA brand? I forgot to look behind the wall side panel before setting it up. On the PowerSpec product page for the G442 it doesn't directly say but does feature a tiny EVGA PSU graphic on the side but that could just be a generic photo.

I do like that this PC features quality name brand parts. As a retired PC tech of 36 years in the field, I'm OCD a bit so sometime in the future I "might" re-route the GPU power cables downward through the bottom slot just for looks. Right now as shipped they have them tie-strapped with the motherboard cabling. I mean, it doesn't really look bad or anything.

Steve...

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@snmavronis

Your unit would be a Thermaltake ToughPower 750GFM(TPD-0750M). It is 80+ Gold, single rail 62A. The picture on PowerSpec.com is to reference what a power supply looks like.

• snmavronis
    Options

I'm going to take a guess based on visual appearance that the CPU liquid cooler installed is a Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240L V2 RGB (MLW-D24M-A18PC-R2). It's the only one on their website that matches I think. Also I'm assuming the RGB case fans are what comes with the Lian Li Lancool-205 Mesh. I'm only pointing this out parts for any future maintenance past the warranty period. Like I said in my original post, I am very happy with this pre-build. I feel it's a better overall value than building a similar system from scratch, especially since the store price dropped $200 down to $1,500 within the 30 day price guarantee since I purchased. Even with the 1TB WD_Black w/Heatsink NVMe that I added, it ended up costing me just $1,610 so you just can't beat that! In 2016 the gaming PC system unit that I built from scratch cost me $1,812 pre-tax. I highly recommend this system for both performance and value. Bravo Micro Center and PowerSpec. ♥️

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@snmavronis

It is the Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L ARGB V2. Case fans are included with the chassis. They're standard case fans, front are 140mm, rear is 120mm. They are ARGB as well. You shouldn't have any issues replacing them down the road in the event of a fan failing.

• snmavronis
    Options

Thank you Mike. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99