Budget PC, Entry Level Build

Options

This is the build I put together for my budget pc. I am very new to this and am looking to spend between 500-700$ for a budget gaming pc. I am not looking to be a Warzone pro, just some light gaming and application use for school work.

Like I said, I am new to this so please be nice and if you have any advice please share!

Thank you!

Comments

• Aodhan_Gorman
    Options

Your list looks pretty good! I've never been a big fan of gigabytes DS3H lineup of motherboards due to their limited overclocking and BIOS capabilities. So, you might want to look at an option that is from a higher series where from within gigabytes own lineup or potential alternatives at the same tier from other manufacturers like the ASROCK Pro4 series or ASUS Prime lineup.

• wetsocks1999
    Options

This is alternative build that I made and I used the ASRock A520M instead of the gigabyte board. Is this a better build compared to the first one? Won't let me post links, sorry!

CPU: (1) AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Vermeer 3.5GHz 6-Core AM4 Boxed Processor - Wraith Stealth Cooler Included ($129.99 EACH)

Motherboard: (1) ASRock A520M-HDV AMD AM4 mATX Motherboard ($62.99 EACH)

RAM: (1) TeamGroup T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit TLZGD416G3200H - Gray ($36.99 EACH)

Case: (1) Montech X1 Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black ($49.99 EACH)

Power Supply: (1) Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W 600 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Non-Modular Power Supply ($61.99 EACH)

Video Card: (1) ASRock AMD Radeon RX 6600 Challenger D Dual-Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card ($199.99 EACH)

M.2 / NVMe SSD: (1) Inland QN322 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0x4 M.2 2280 3D NAND QLC Internal Solid State Drive ($44.99 EACH)

Total: $586.93

• Aodhan_Gorman
    Options

The TeamGroup kit of ram certainly is helping pull your price down, but I would advise against dropping down in motherboard chipset tier, it may impact or limit your upgrade potential in the long run! I do like the choice to spend a bit more to get some extra storage with the size of AAA games these days as well as the upgraded video card too! And 600 watts should still be enough power for the hardware we are looking at too!

• wetsocks1999
    Options

I really appreciate the insight here! Do you happen to have a suggestion on a motherboard that would work here and is not super expensive?

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

The 520 chipset only supports PCIe 3.0 while the 550 supports 4.0. With that 5600 CPU you have 4.0 available and the 6500 graphics card is in desperate need of 4.0. So as tempting as it is to save a few bucks stay with the 550.

If you can manage it at all, get the 550 chipset and the 6600 card. The difference between the 6500 and 6600 is tremendous, especially because the extra graphics memory. Plenty of new games won't even start on 4GB cards.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99