First build, need help choosing parts / tweaking the build I have made so far.

Options
DizRod
DizRod
First Comment
edited April 2023 in Help Choosing Parts

Looking to play Competitive Fortnite on this machine. Prioritizing CPU for this reason, and looking to save some money on GPU if possible. Trying to push 360fps on all low settings.

Just looking for suggestions on how to make this build more efficient or better in general. Or if there are any areas to save money / boost performance without raising price insanely.

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D Raphael AM5 4.2GHz 8-Core Boxed Processor - Heatsink Not Included

Motherboard: X670E-E ROG Strix Gaming WiFi AMD AM5 ATX Motherboard

RAM: G.Skill - Ripjaws S5 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6400 PC5-51200 CL32 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F5-6400J3239G16GX2-RS5K - Black

Case: 5000D Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX Computer Case - Black

Power Supply: Corsair - RMx Series RM850x 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ventus 3X Triple Fan 12GB GDDR6X PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card

M.2 / NVMe SSD: Samsung - 980 Pro SSD 1TB M.2 NVMe Interface PCIe Gen 4x4 Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND 3 bit MLC Technology (MZ-V8P1T0B)

Hard Drive: Seagate - BarraCuda 2TB 7200 RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal SMR Hard Drive

Water Cooling Kits: Lian Li - Galahad 360mm RGB Water Cooling Kit - Black

Answers

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings,

What is your overall intended budget for the build?

• DizRod
    Options
    Hey Ian. Looking to spend no more than 3500ish range. I’ve gotten i9-13900K builds as low as like 2300 to 2500, so I just feel kind of lost with where to go at the moment. 

Heart tells me i9-13900K and 4070ti or something similar. The rest of the parts, I am not knowledgeable enough to choose and compare 
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Sorry for the delay in reply, honestly with either set of part combos - whether it be AMD/Intel processor and 4070Ti video card - you would be looking at basically top of the line gaming PC regardless. Are you looking to use the PC for anything else?

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99