G711 Strange Issue

Options

So I've had the PowerSpec G711 for about 2 months now, running mostly fine until it doesn't. This has happened twice so far, but whenever I'm playing any title it seems like the entire PC and sound will stutter to say 10 FPS and look like a very quick slideshow for about three seconds. Then it returns to normal. I'm not exactly sure what's going on with that, and I'm not sure if it's a driver issue or a hardware issue? Both occurrences have occurred while having Discord in the background.

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@BR12

That's a severe stutter. What games is this happening in? How frequently does it happen? Please check Event Viewer - Custom Views - Administrative Events. Screenshot what's happening around the time this happens.

• BR12
    Options

It's happened so far on titles like Red Dead Redemption 2 or Minecraft. It has only happened twice so far since purchasing the PC. Looking on those logs under Administrative Events, I've only located the following, estimating just around where I think it occurred:

Looking on other online posts related to this error pointed me towards running the command "SFC /scannow" on the command prompt. It did replace a corrupt file, "bthmodem.sys". There is also this error popping up every once in a while alongside this:

Not sure if it may be related to that?

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@BR12

Shouldn't be. That file is Windows Management Instrumentation Provider. Seeing an error like that, my first thought would be a disk related issue. Do you have any additional drives connected to the system, including external drives?

• BR12
    Options

Yes, I have an additional WD Black SN770 1 TB SSD I added into the motherboard; the one that came with the PC is a WD Blue SN570 1 TB.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    edited May 2023
    Options

@BR12

Which one is the selected drive for your pagefile?

Is the WD Blue SN570 still your boot drive?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99