first build looking for advice

Options
bobbyb
bobbyb ✭✭
Photogenic
edited April 2023 in Help Choosing Parts

trying to keep it under 1.5k 16 year old son. Games like COD, Forza, harry potter, etc

with promos etc I'm about 1.3k pre tax

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=5dc22b5f-72b1-4587-bf05-d957385a4142

Comments

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

The 600 level in Intel CPUs is the best for gaming, so switch the 12700k for the 12600k to save almost $100. Looks fine otherwise.

• Aodhan_Gorman
    Options

While I agree that the 12600K is a better value for gaming exclusively, the 12700k is still better at gaming and gives more flexibility in being able to use your computer for things like live streaming, video editing, or other CPU bound tasks. I believe the motherboard ram and CPU bundle you mentioned also requires you to pick those components so you're getting a better deal with those parts anyway!

I would also recommend doing an upgrade to the AK620 from the AK400 just to better handle the thermals of Intel's 12th gen hardware, they are all fairly toasty chips.

Your list also lacks an operating system so make sure you take that into consideration as well!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99