PowerSpec G434 memory upgrade?

Options
James301
James301 ✭✭
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
edited May 2023 in PowerSpec

I have a PowerSpec G434 with an ASRock Z390 phantom gamming 4s/AC Motherboard. It has an Intel i7-9700KF running at 3.6 GHz. I bought this memory.

I have 4 sticks of them. I can not get the XMP to over clock at the rated speed. DDR4-3600 Cl 14-15-15-35. No matter what I do it shows up in HWinfo as: DDR4-3597CL 14-15-15-35 running on a clock of 1799MHz. It passes the Memory test 5 in the extream mode. Passes windows memory test in standard mode, but will not pass the windows memory test in 'extended' mode. It freazes. Is there anything I can do to get this to the rated XMP profile. I was told by TeamGroup that this should fix the issue, but I don't know what to change in the BIOS settings to get it to the rated specs. Is it a voltage issue? also I have tried to set the clock at 1860MHz and it don't help.

thanks.

James.

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2023
    Options

@James301

XMP profile is an overclock, stability is never guaranteed. Sometimes you need to tweak the settings a little bit to achieve stability. Lets go over a few things here.

First the memory speed at 3597 instead of 3600. You can check your BCLK in CPU-Z, but most likely the BCLK is dropping slightly under 100mhz on the auto setting. At 3597 it's likely hitting 99.9 instead of 100.0. You can manually dial this in via the BIOS to 100.1, but this really shouldn't result in memory instability. There are going to be other causes for this, likely certain voltage rails.

You're going to need to check the voltage rails and timings in the BIOS. Look at the VCCIO and VCCSA voltage. There's a community guide here: https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/comment/33456 that covers memory overclocking in depth. I would read that over to get started.

Edit: I just noticed you have 4 sticks. These are dual rank DIMMs. You're definitely going to need to loosen up the timings a little bit in addition to adjusting the voltage.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99