Network adapter issue with G472

Options
UpInSmoke
UpInSmoke
First Comment
edited May 2023 in PowerSpec

I recently purchased the PowerSpec G472 a few days ago, and it's been great so far with one exception. From day 1, I immediately ran into an issue with the WiFi not working once I woke my PC from sleep mode. Restarting didn't fix the issue, so I thought it was my ISP at first, but no other devices in my house had issues, and I ran multiple speed tests to confirm. I had to go into device manager and toggle the adapter from ax to ac and back again to correct this problem. In doing research, I found that the network adapter not working after waking from sleep mode was a fairly common problem with Windows but could be fixed by adjusting various settings, so I adjusted my settings to prevent this from happening. Since then, I've had this issue occur again on multiple occasions (i.e. wifi not working) under a variety of circumstances (e.g. starting up after having been powered down fully). Just last night, I had to uninstall and reinstall my network adapter within device manager just to get it to work due to not being able to "jump start" my adapter by toggling between ax/ac multiple times and restarting multiple times. Either way, in looking at the adapter events tab within device manager, I see the following error message which has generated multiple times and dates back to January which I assume was when this PC was first built:

"Device not started (Netwtw10)"

Upon expanding the details for one of these encountered error instances, I see this description:

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7AF0&SUBSYS_00948086&REV_11\3&11583659&0&A3 had a problem starting.

• Driver Name: oem52.inf
  • Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
  • Service: Netwtw10
  • Lower Filters:
  • Upper Filters: vwifibus
  • Problem: 0x0
  • Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

Troubleshooting within windows doesn't detect any issues, rolling back drivers doesn't change the situation, so pretty much anything I do is only a temporary fix. The good news is once I do get it up and running again, the WiFi works just fine as far as I can tell. I'd hate to return this to exchange it for another one just because I received a bad network adapter, but I just can't have the WiFi not working consistently or have to deal with having to reset my network adapter over and over. Plugging into ethernet is also not an option for me as this PC needs to be located upstairs and there is no feasible way to route a cable that distance. Anyone encounter this same issue and know a way to fix it that I haven't already explored?

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@UpInSmoke

That's not an issue I've seen on this model or with this motherboard in the past. We test sleep/wake cycles extensively. First, lets update to the latest driver here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

When the WIFI stops working, does the Bluetooth still function?

• UpInSmoke
    Options

Hi Mike,

After getting home, I updated my drivers as you had instructed using the provided link, and immediately after installing the new drivers, my WiFi stopped working. Toggling between ax/ac/ax did not fix my issue nor did restarting. I also checked my WiFi status and noticed my speed was hovering at 26Mbps but spiking intermittently at around 800 for a brief second before dropping out again (I usually average about 350Mpbs). I've included screenshots of the error messages that registered after updating my drivers. To get my WiFi working again, I had to uninstall my device within the driver tab of my adapter and then log back into my router like last time.

I wasn't paying attention to my Bluetooth when I first began experiencing this issue, but I did check the events tab within device manager for Bluetooth and noticed one of the errors occurred on the same date/time (4/28) that I first ran into my network adapter problem. The only other error occurred back in January on the same date the first network error was logged. I also included these screenshots, but my Bluetooth was functioning properly when my WiFi stopped working again tonight.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@UpInSmoke

Sorry for the slow response on this. I had our unit in here testing overnight to see if I could replicate the issue and I wanted to go through our technical support teams records to see if any issue like this had ever been reported. Failed on both accounts. I do have some things we can try.

If you open Device Manager, and select the AX211 WIFI card under Network Adapters, go to Advanced, and set the MIMO Power Saving to Static SMPS. That may be a quick solution to solve the issue in the short term. Troubleshooting wise when you have time, what I'd like you to verify is that it isn't an image issue. I would do a factory reset and only add games just to verify there isn't any third party software on the system that's potentially causing this issue. If we rule out the OS and the issue still occurs, even if the setting change I suggested offers a solution, we should replace the unit anyways.

• UpInSmoke
    UpInSmoke
    First Comment
    edited May 2023
    Options

Thanks for these suggestions and helping to troubleshoot, Mike, and I've been able to maintain WiFi stability after uninstalling and reinstalling my adapter. I'm going to see how long this lasts, and if my adapter stops working again, I'll do a factor reset and provide an update.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99