ASUS ZenBook Pro 17

Options

I am a new owner of an ASUS ZenBook Pro 17 17.3" laptop and am incredibly satisfied. It offers

a large screen and a backlit keyboard for easy visibility, especially for a person suffering from

visual impairments. However, it would be more visually advantageous for ASUS to manufacture

the screen using an anti-glare coating to reflect the light. I added a screen protector with antiglare

coating, which reflects the light and adds a layer of protection to the screen. It offers a

touchscreen to easily maneuver the installed features and a fingerprint scan to log into the

computer, which are both particularly useful for a person suffering from arthritis or any other

physical impairments of the hands. The side number keypad is a nice addition to the keyboard to quickly

input numbers. I do recommend investing in a keyboard cover to protect the keyboard from food,

spills, dust, pet dander, and any other debris. It is a large laptop, so it is understable for it to be a

bit on the heavy side. However, it would be great if ASUS could manufacture it with parts that

weigh less. The internal webcam does not offer as crisp of color, brightness, or clarity as my

Microsoft LifeCam Studio webcam, so I am using my external webcam, particularly for

communicating with people and for meetings. The external webcam was a breeze to install and

simply required it to be plugged into one of the many featured ports. Nothing was required to be

downloaded for the external webcam to function, and it automatically connected to the internal

camera and video feature. I really appreciate the availability of plenty of ports, including two USB

C, two USB A, one HDMI, two card slots, and one microphone. It alleviates the burden of

plugging in a bulky external USB multiport. My ASUS ZenScreen portable monitor MB16A easily

and automatically connected to my laptop to extend or duplicate my viewing capabilities. I only

gave this laptop a 4-star rating out of 5 stars due to the glare, weight, and webcam features that could be

improved. I am receiving a 90-day warranty extension from ASUS for my feedback.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99