Cannot post review - disable adblocker which is already disabled...

Options

Perhaps it's Edge, but having taken the time to write a review, and not be able to post it because "adblockers prevented your review submission" - won't be wasting that time again. Pop-Ups allowed, adblockers disabled, yeah yeah yeah....

Oh - PS - don't buy the LG 24MQ450-B.... you'd know why, if I could have posted the review...

Comments

• TSKevinG
    Options

Good afternoon @MEC2

Thank you for contacting micro center. I do apologize you are having issues posting your review on our site. for this when you try to submit the review, do you see any icon appear in the address bar showing it blocked a pop-up and where it may let you manually approve the pop-up? Also have you tried this with any other browser like google chrome or Firefox?

• Scary_Guy
    Scary_Guy ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes
    Options

Yeah, I just decided they don't really want my reviews then. I'm not turning off any of my protections and they're lucky I even have JavaScript turned on.

• Xenia
    Options

Yeah, Microcenter's tracking of review posters in particular is actually ridiculous. I have no such difficulties with giving them money, of course. So chances are, this isn't for my benefit.

Among other things, they use IESnare for some reason, a cookie-based fingerprinting system that's mostly used by online gambling services. I'm quite disappointed in Microcenter for this. In someone's mind, I imagine this was a way to 'gather information about market trends', as if someone taking the time to leave a review wasn't enough.

IESnare is included in many hostfile based blocklists for good reason. That might have something to do with why disabling adblock wasn't enough in some cases.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99