How do I permanently delete my account here?

Options

Hey, so I think my account on Microcenter's main website is a bit buggy, and I'd like to just make a new account, but I can't find anything that allows me to do that. I followed that "my.eset.com" guide, but "my.eset.com" says they don't have my email registered, so I can't do anything. Can someone help me please?

Answers

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings,

What is buggy about your account and what account are you trying to delete exactly? I can delete your Community forums account if you like, but that would not impact the www.microcenter.com website. In your post, you mention an ESET account but that would have no effect on Micro Center as those are not the same websites.

• Zelasko_35
    Options

Well, my main concern is with the favorites tab/functions. I can't delete the two extra lists that I don't want/need, and with other items on the site, I can't add anything to the default list. Literally ANY item, no favorites button works. Since my account was created before that UI overhaul, I'd figured it'd be easier to just make a new account on Microcenter.com (Not community, the main page). I'd prefer it that way because I only have one email address, so I gotta remove mine from that account. Hopefully this makes sense. 😅

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

I don't think deleting your account would make any sort of change for this. Can you provide pictures of the issues you are having so we can pass them along to the team who manages the website? Have you tried this with another browser to see if the issues persist?

• Zelasko_35
    Options

Well... I don't think pictures are necessary, because what happens is that nothing happens. I go to any item page, and the favorite button just does nothing. I click and wait, spam-click the lil' heart, and nothing.

There's no way for me to delete any lists I'm not using either.

I haven't tried another browser because I didn't see the need too. And I really don't want to install a browser I'd never use again. I assumed the problems would persist because they're associated with my email/account. Sorry. 😅

Is there any way your team could "reset" my account in some way, so it looks like I just created an account (No view history, purchase history, or wishlists besides default)? I'm not sure what to say.

• Scary_Guy
    Scary_Guy ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes
    edited May 2023
    Options

What is your current browser? You may want to upgrade to Firefox anyway if you aren't already on it. :P

Honestly though if you haven't done any major modifications to the browser (like ad and script blocking / security hardening) it probably isn't that (and I do all that and that functionality works fine on my end AFAICT. Though you could try loading it in a private window/tab just to be sure.

I run uMatrix though and those settings can be... tricky. You enable the scripts you need for the site to work and leave the abusive ones disabled. For this site I have almost everything enabled except for googletagmanager.com (that's at the very bottom but I'd have had to scroll down to get it.)

Noscript is another plugin which isn't anywhere near as involved but has similar functionality.

• Zelasko_35
    Options

I use Edge. Why would I switch to Firefox? (Pros+cons plz lol)

But I didn't know browsers could even be modified to begin with, so uh... What in the buttercup balls on a bike am I looking at? What Matrix? Is Keanu Reeves somewhere? .-.

• Zelasko_35
    Options

Welp, by turning off Malwarebytes Ads/Trackers Protection, I'm now able to favorite things again. But that does raise the question of why? It's only blocked 4 things. Googletagmanager was def one of them, but the other three were two "network-a.bazaarvoice.com", and something else I can't remember.

I still can't delete the two wishlists I don't use tho. I don't think there's a button for that anywhere now...

• Aodhan_Gorman
    Options

I've had Malwarebytes block random things like that in the past, just always seemed to be a little more paranoid than other antivirus programs. Haven't had any similar problems since switching to ESET years back. 😅

• Scary_Guy
    Scary_Guy ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes
    Options

Sorry I should probably look at this forum more, but I probably annoy the administration enough as it is.

Edge is the default browser from Microsoft and was created to replace Internet Explorer. It's the default browser that comes with Windows now so any and all exploits are targeting both that and Chrome (as Edge is based off of Chromium which is the "open source" development version of Chrome (that still connects to all of Google's services.)) On the plus side both of those have become very secure and battle hardened over the years, there are still security issues. Also as they are heavily actively developed patches for those issues are sent out pretty fast. It's still a worry but less of one these days.

It mostly comes down to who you want to trust with your data and browsing habits. I don't trust either Alphabet (owns Google) or Microsoft. Firefox is completely open source and is based on the Gecko web engine. It's only one of many alternatives though. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_browsers is fun if you want to get into the weeds of all the differences. Most people only go with what comes with the system. MS knows this so they've gotten all the manufacturers to ship their operating system which comes with their browser, thereby controlling the enduser spectrum of the market. The FTC needs to come along and smack them again like they did in the 90s, and Alphabet while they're at it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft_Corp.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99