G712 hardware error

Pedro753951
edited July 2023 in PowerSpec

Hello I wanted to ask if anyone has had the same issues with the G712, I am getting a hardware error with a logged live kerner event 141 only while gaming. I already took it back to microcenter (still under warranty) but the technician said he couldn't find anything (not even the event log with 20+ errors logged) they just wanted to charge me 99 dollars to wipe it because "it might fix it." I did the wipe myself (third time) and it still is doing the same thing. I don't want to take it back to the same store because they will want to charge me for nothing again. Any suggestions?

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Parameter 1: ffffb80f93568050

Parameter 2: fffff800bb4f3730

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 51c0

OS version: 10_0_22621

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Ampere

Server information: fb6a6c1e-356d-45f5-a504-e7c4d3b310c5

Best Answer

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2023

@Pedro753951

I haven't seen this, but the error references the GPU. TDR is timeout detection & recovery, basically sounds like the card stopped responding and did not recover. What are the symptoms you're seeing and what game is it happening on? Is the crash a CTD, or is the system giving you a black screen and rebooting?

Troubleshooting this is typically ruling out a software issue. You do a clean reinstall of the driver with Display Driver Uninstaller. If that fails, reinstalling the OS is a good step just to rule out software entirely. However, it's a pretty simple process. You can create a bootable Windows 11 flash drive here: https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

We post all the drivers on Windows Update. Just go through the setup and it'll download everything you need for the system to function. The only thing you need to do from there besides adding your software in games, is updating the GPU driver. And downloading the RGB software from our PowerSpec site. Or you can get Armoury Crate directly from ASUS.

• Pedro753951
    edited May 2023
    Thank you for responding. It’s only a CTD and it happens in Rainbow Six Siege and COD Modern Warfare, but Siege crashes to desktop and logs the error and in COD it just gets stuck and never goes to desktop. 
    I did the clean reinstall with the display driver uninstaller and then reinstalled OS from the cloud, and just yesterday reset the PC to factory settings. Would this rule out a software issue?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99