Components are out of stock and cannot add to cart

Options
Holycannoli
Holycannoli ✭✭
First Comment Photogenic
edited June 2023 in Help Choosing Parts

I'm looking to have my Microcenter custom build my new PC (I haven't build a new PC in over a decade) and because parts are constantly in and out of stock I cannot even add my build to cart. I've been waiting for days for my chosen 4090 to be back in stock so I can finally click that ADD TO CART button, and even if was back in stock as of today my chosen case is now SOLD OUT and my SSD is only 1 left in stock when I want multiple. I fear this will become a constant cycle of chosen parts coming back in stock while others become SOLD OUT.

I can't find a way to pre-purchase and reserve these parts for when they do arrive, so it's now a game of refreshing to see if all my chosen components are finally in stock at the same time. That's no fun lol.

How do I reserve parts? I'm not willing to just choose different parts. I have the patience to wait by pre-purchasing and reserving though. Would be great if I can add my build to my cart and purchase even with some components out of stock, so that when they do arrive I can get my new PC built.

Or I can purchase parts separately and attempt to build the PC myself but I'd rather let the experts handle it. I don't trust myself to build something that costs many thousands of dollars.

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=d4dc2132-f557-4c6b-b456-a54dec963877

CPU: (1) Intel Core i9-13900K Raptor Lake 3.0GHz Twenty Four-Core LGA 1700 Boxed Processor - Heatsink Not Included ($489.98 EACH)

Motherboard: (1) MSI Z790 MEG Ace Intel LGA 1700 eATX Motherboard ($609.99 EACH)

RAM: (1) G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000 CL30 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5RK - Black ($249.99 EACH)

Case: (1) Corsair iCUE 5000T RGB Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black ($399.99 EACH)

Power Supply: (1) Corsair HXi Series HX1500i 1500 Watt 80 Plus Platinum Fully Modular Power Supply ($399.99 EACH)

Video Card: (1) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS Master Overclocked Triple Fan 24GB GDDR6X PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card ($1,799.99 EACH)

M.2 / NVMe SSD: (2) Samsung 990 PRO 2TB Samsung V NAND 3-bit MLC PCIe Gen 4 x4 NVMe M.2 Internal SSD - With Heatsink ($159.99 EACH)

Water Cooling Kits: (1) Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD XT 360mm All in One Liquid CPU Cooling Kit ($289.99 EACH)

Operating System: (1) Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit FPP USB - English ($199.99 EACH)

Case Fans: (1) Corsair iCUE AF120 ELITE RGB Fluid Dynamic Bearing 120mm Case Fan - Black 3 Pack ($119.99 EACH)

Total: $4,879.88

Generated by Micro Center https://www.microcenter.com (6/5/2023 2:39:55 PM)

Comments

• Holycannoli
    Options

Wondering if I can source the out of stock parts elsewhere and bring it all in to be assembled? Or does everything need to be purchased from Microcenter?

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

Yeah all the graphics cards are still "in store only". For their own build service they used to keep back some cards (no idea if they still do). Are you just way far away from the closest store? I suggest going in person and talking to someone at the BYOPC desk about getting it assembled at the store with a particular model card even when that model isn't in stock at the moment.

• Holycannoli
    Options

I'm close enough to my store. Went there over the weekend and talked to someone but he suggested I opt for a different card instead. He recommended the Suprim X Liquid since the Aorus Master was sold out. I'd rather wait for a restock though. It means though I run into the issue I mentioned above: while I wait for the Aorus Master to restock my other components wind up sold out and I'm stuck again.

Question now is do I buy the components separately, keep them sealed in their boxes, and when the sold out components are restocked I buy them then bring them all for assembly or attempt to build it myself (unsure about how to install Windows 11 though, and thermal paste application believe it or not makes me nervous. Too much? Too little? Wrong technique?).

It looks like the Aorus Master can be purchased directly from Gigabyte for the same price and I can get a case anywhere for the same price but if I can't bring those outsourced parts in for assembly do I want to bother?

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Well I've always built my own so I might be the wrong person to ask. That Corsair AIO cooler you have in the list comes with pre applied thermal paste. Installing Windows is as hard as inserting the USB stick with the Windows install software and just following the prompts on screen.

If you really want that particular model card and MC is always out then just get it direct. The MC build-it-for-you service doesn't mind if you have to buy it elsewhere due to stocking issues. The CPU you selected has integrated graphics so you could always have MC build everything while you order the graphics card, then put that in yourself when it shows up. The computer will work fine without it for MC to put it together and install Windows.

• Holycannoli
    Options

Yes I Googled the AIO and saw it comes with thermal already, and Googled how to create a flash drive bootable for Windows 11. I'm just way out of practice.

I may just build it myself. Take an evening or Saturday morning and do it.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you buy Win 11 at MC it will come in a little box that has a USB thing set up ready to go

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99