I need help, I am being hacked.

Options

Hackers are hacking my youtube account. Also live hacking D2R While I play, changing my gold and deleting items. What can I do to stop them?

Answers

• Lucyna
    Lucyna ✭✭
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    Options

So for starters...

Immediately change all your passwords, usernames or whatever you need to do. If you were doing anything sketchy on your computer before this happened, I would also say to hard reset your laptop or desktop, that way whatever was on or in your computers files can be wiped completely, saving you the time from going through all your files.

Another thing I would try to recommend is making sure you are staying safe in this technology based world and always researching ways to get around hackers and all that.

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

It seems very unlikely that two different servers (Google & Blizzard) are compromised by the same person unless you've downloaded something or are using the exact same login information on both accounts. As @Lucyna suggested, change your passwords first and foremost, maybe even the associated email of your BattleNet account as well. Both Google and Blizzard support Two-Factor Authentication that you can tie to a mobile app or SMS text. I would recommend exploring those options for added security from unauthorized logins.

Secondly, if you are playing D2R online, your character save shouldn't be local and nobody should be able to edit your save. Are you sure your gold and items are not appearing on different tabs?

• WickedData
    Options

gold changes while in the game playing and items vanish from my stash. When I go offline and come back.

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's not exactly an indication that you are being hacked. There are no hacks that exist that can login simultaneously to Blizzard's servers and remove your gold while you play, unless you are playing the game offline on a local save and the file is somehow modified during use. If people had the capability of removing gold/items from an online D2R account, we would see widespread reporting of the issue.

Either way, this is something you will need to file a ticket through with Blizzard. They should be able to investigate your account and determine if unauthorized access is occurring. If you think something is manipulating the files locally, I'd recommend getting a virus/malware scanning software such as ESET or Malwarebytes and run some scans to see what they find.

Something to keep in mind about hacking is that it's not as common as TV or movies make it out to be. Most "hacking" is simply phishing or using compromised account credentials that are available online after big data breaches. People with the skills & hardware required to actively hack accounts or exploit security flaws wouldn't waste their time removing items/gold on Diablo or hacking into a random Youtube account. They typically want a return on investment for their time. It's far more likely that something else is going on here and I would recommend starting with making sure the system is malware-free and that your accounts are protected with additional security layers such as 2FA. At the very least, 2FA would warn you of potential login attempts.

• WickedData
    Options

This is a team of hackers that are hacking me. I can not give the details. How can they be stopped?

• GavinT
    Options

@WickedData Out of curiosity, what makes you think that a group of people is hacking you?

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you already file a ticket with Blizzard? What were their findings? If they had proof that an IP other than your own accessed your account and removed items/gold, they should be able to provide a confirmation that your account was breached and guidance on changing your login information.

I'll be honest with you, I do not believe that you are being hacked. The likelihood of you being randomly targeted by a team of hackers is just extremely unlikely as they have nothing to gain from taking your items and gold from a video game. Either way, this is not something that we can help with on a retail computer store forum. If you are indeed being targeted by hackers and your network is being actively breached, you'll need to take that up with law enforcement. Still, I would implore you to change your login information (including email and passwords) to see if that fixes the issue.

• WickedData
    WickedData ✭✭
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2023
    Options

Its a preacher in cincinnati. I will just call the FBI.

He was on Tv for short time. He said on show that I bear the cross. As a result they kicked him off the air and now he is doing this to get revenge for losing his Tv spot.

• GavinT
    Options

I'm going to defer back to @PowerSpec_MichaelB with this one. At the end of the day, if you believe information has been compromised, this is going to be out of our realm of support on this forum.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99