Trying to upgrading my prebuild Desktop some more

Options

I've been looking for ways to upgrade the current gaming desktop that I have for years now. It's an iBuyPower desktop that I bought from Best Buy. Model Trace930. This is the best specs that I can give you:

Intel Core i7-7700 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus H110-PLUS ATX LGA1151 

Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 32GB Kit (2x16GB) 3200MHz

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 3G OCV1 GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3 GB Video Card

Future Storage Upgrade: SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 1TB 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive

Power Supply: Apex AL-D500EXP 500 W ATX Power Supply

At this point I'm looking to upgrade my video card and possibly a power supply if possible. If anybody can throw me some ideas that could be grateful. Thank you.

PS: In terms of video cards I'm still looking for something that works with Nvidia but if video card installation is easy enough I'm willing to try something else.

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings. What is the intended use of the PC and your overall budget?

• Sorry for the long reply. I have a busy work life. So the answer both questions:
    1. This is supposedly a "gaming" PC from Best Buy so I want to turn this into more of a gaming PC then it is now. But I'm also trying to tread carefully. I have installed upgrades to my PCs in the past but I'm no expert and if I recall and I might as well ask is the upgrades is supposed to be as strong as the motherboard it can support? I'm asking because I keep thinking that too much power could fried a motherboard maybe?
    2. As for the budget overall I'm looking for a new power supply and possibly a better video card. One that can possibly do current gen stuff hopefully. So we'll just set the bar at $300 for now. Anything more than that and I'll see what I can do from there. Thank you.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99