Mobile Phone Number Not Major Carrier?

Options

Okay I've had this problem in store for a while now. I've had my phone number for over 2 decades. It was a landline with one of the bigger Baby Bells that got split off when AT&T got hit by the big monopoly hammer. It is currently with T-Mobile, but as been used with AT&T Wireless, Sprint and Verizon prior to this. I'm not going to change my phone number and I've been a customer for most of those 2 decades. Since I can't send a message directly to anyone anymore it seems, I'm posting here for you to try to whitelist my phone number. If you want to get on the phone with T-Mobile with me so we can prove it is my phone number, I'm totally happy to do so, but I'm tired of people at the register getting a blank expression when I tell them my phone number and they say it isn't a mobile phone with a major carrier.

Answers

• Vladdy
    Vladdy ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options

Hello Davron,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the register system. Unfortunately, the system cannot accept landlines because it cannot send a text copy of your receipt to a landline number. I understand that this is frustrating, and I am not sure what the best course of action is. Is there an alternative number you can use that has not been ported from a landline to a mobile account?

-V

• Davron
    Options

No, I've only got one phone. I'm not sure how many phones you or other people have. I can say I get texts all the time on my phone. When I just do a random google search to look up what carrier a phone is on, the website comes up:

Carrier:

T-Mobile US-SVR-10X/2

Is Wireless:

y

I don't know why the microcenter system doesn't have the ability to read this information.

• GavinT
    Options

I decided to look into this a bit further for you. I see that there is a phone number associated with your Insider account and while I'm obviously not going to share what it is here - I will say that it is attached.

At the moment, when you provide your information at the checkout, it will create an order history with your phone number and/or email. You can then connect that order history to an Insider account online to see your purchase history.

That being said, I cannot say for certain why it's still asking for your phone number at the register when your Insider account already has that information. However, this is something that I can certainly pass along to the IT team to get more insight for you!

• Davron
    Options

It happened again. i give them my phone number and it brings up my address and then they go to the mobile phone entry as it says I don't have one and I give them my phone number and they enter it in and it fails again. I looked and I've never been able to get any of the coupons either via mobile.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99