How did I do, any suggestions

Options

I do not have a premium budget, but my current PC 10 -12 years old. I do some video and photography editing as well as having an interest in digital art. Unfortunately, I also may have to revisit a previous life of programming. These are my choices. Where can some savings and or improvement be made, I do want Thunderbolt 4 ports to be on the motherboard?

Intel - Core i7-13700 Raptor lake, Asus z790 Creator ProArt Wifi, Corsair - Vengeance RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000, MSI - MPG GUNGNIR 110R-ATX Case, Seasonic USA - Focus GX-750, Asus - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060Ti, WD - Black SN850X 2TB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD with Heatsink, Windows 11. HEC - Cougar Bearing 120mm Case Fan

Comments

• GavinT
    Options

@geniseheard Personalty, I would go for a slightly better video card. There's nothing wrong with the 3060Ti, but it may help with rendering times to go up to something like a 3070.

• Aodhan_Gorman
    Options

Lowering the speed of your RAM may help cut back on your budget slightly but not by what I would say is a considerable change in your overall price.

The Gungnir 110r is certainly something I would change, it does not offer the best airflow and is subsequently overpriced for that reason, something like the Lancool 216 or Lancool 205 would offer far better performance or value.

You will also most likely not need the heatsink version of the WD Black but I would also save your money and get an Inland SSD instead, they are our in-house model and offer great TBW scores to boot, many better than WD or Samsung's advertised capabilities.

One thing missing from your list was a CPU cooler, which I would recommend over the stock intel cooler for the i7-13700 especially if you are going to be doing long renders. But you don't need anything too crazy, the Deepcool AK400 would be a solid budget option!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99