Suddenly extremely low FPS on PowerSpec G439

Options
cr703lp
cr703lp
First Comment
edited July 2023 in PowerSpec

I purchased a PowerSpec G439 back in March 2023 and have been enjoying 100-165 FPS on various games such as Warzone 2, Ready or Not, Hunt Showdown. However, last night I installed Valorant and was required to change the BIOS to Secure Boot to get it to run. Valorant ran at 165 FPS with no issue but now all other games run at 30 FPS or below, even when I change from Epic/High to Medium. I'm not sure why I'm experiencing this in these other games. I have used DDU, completed a re-install of Windows 11, and Loaded the Default Bios settings but still have this issue. Please advise on other solutions or if I need to bring my PC to the store.

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@cr703lp

Secure boot should impact on performance in gaming and I haven't seen an issue like. Lets dig into it just as a low FPS issue first. Run the game, and if you can pull up task manager in the background. When you're at 30 FPS, I'd like to know a few things. The resolution you're gaming at and I'd like to know what the usage is on the CPU and GPU. Also, please check your CPU frequency on the performance tab. Also are you on Windows 10 or 11?

• cr703lp
    Options

I had read and had folks comment back on Reddit that the RIot Vanguard anti-cheat software was likely the issue. I did another clean install of Windows 11 and look to be back to normal. Thanks for following up.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99