This is my first pc build and I want to make sure these parts will work together properly.

Options

I am currently looking at building my first desktop PC as my laptop from 2017 is no longer cutting it for the games I want to play, and the features I want to use in engines such as UE5. I am currently looking at the following parts list. However depending upon the sources that I check for compatibility I either find people who have had these parts work together or a PC builder says that there is a compatibility error which it provides no further details on, so I was wanting to get community clarification if these parts work together, if there is enough cooling, and if these are good parts to meet my desire to game on games such as Elden ring, AC Valhalla, modded Minecraft, and do development work.

CPU - AMD - Ryzen 7 7700X Raphael AM5 4.5GHz 8-Core Boxed Processor - Heatsink Not Included

Motherboard - MSI - B650-P PRO WiFi AMD AM5 ATX Motherboard

RAM - G.Skill Flare X5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000 CL36 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F5-6000J3636F16GX2-FX5 - Black

Case - Montech - X1 Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black (I intend to use the included fans)

PSU - G.Skill - 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply

GPU - MSI - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 2X Overclocked Dual Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card

SSD/M.2(non bulk storage) - Crucial - P3 1TB 3D NAND Flash PCIe Gen 3 x4 NVMe M.2 Internal SSD

Heatsink/CPU cooler - DeepCool - AK620 ZERO DARK High-Performance CPU Cooler

thermal paste - Corsair - TM30 Performance Thermal Paste

OS - Windows 10-pro(will not activate until a later date)

Monitor - KYY portable monitor 1920-1080 60hz(sorry don't know the exact model have had it for over a year for use with my laptop)

Mouse - G Pro gaming mouse or m720 triathlon

keyboard - Walmart branded USB keyboard or ERGO k860

Answers

• Aodhan_Gorman
    Options

The video card is a little underpowered for your CPU choice but if you intend to upgrade in the long run, it will make sese. The 3060 would also be a fine pair for your portable monitor, but if you upgrade that to a higher refresh rate or higher resolution, I could see the 3060 feeling slow in only about 2 years or even less if you plan on playing something like Starfield.

The Monotech cases lack a lot of the modern cable management of many other cases and the included fans are just okay, but it is a decent budget option if your decision here is purely based on price.

I would also recommend windows 11 at this point considering in less than a year and a half it will be forced out of support by Microsoft meaning you will not get any optimized task scheduling or security updates.

And the price difference between a crucial P3 and many gen 4 NVMes is so minimal I would just suggest doing that upgrade now rather than transferring your OS install at a later date.

Everything else looks compatible to me!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99