Bios for PowerSpec G443

Options

I just bought a new PowerSpec G443 Gaming PC. While my friend was helping me add a couple of hard drives, he also tried to be smart and update all the drivers, etc - including unfortunately the BIOS for the MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi motherboard, not realizing the PowerSpec was using a custom bios. While everything seems to work the fans no longer seem to change speeds.

Is there a way to renistall the PowerSpec custom Bios for the G443?

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Mrburro

I'll post it in the morning with instructions to flash it. However, running the MSI BIOS won't cause any issues. You won't get any future drivers/BIOS updates specifically targeted at this model by us, as the computer hardware ID will change after updating to the MSI BIOS. There's no issue here, except you'll want to update the drivers regularly and with future windows updates.

The fan speeds, some systems won't detect our fan controller properly and it'll set that header to DC instead of PWM. This results in the chassis fans running at 100% and excessive fan noise. In our custom BIOS we set this to PWM as a default on the correct header, but we can help you set this manually as well if you would prefer the latest MSI BIOS.

• Mrburro
    Options

Thanks for the quick response! The fans running at 100% are actually the only thing I've noticed since the unintentional Bios update. Everything else seems to be working great. I'm really pleased so far with this system.

If you can post the Bios that would be great. But if you can also tell me how to get the fans setup right again with the MSI Bios, I might just stick with that if thats really the only issue.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Mrburro

I've attached our latest BIOS. Here are the steps to flash. Copy the file to a flash drive.

1. Press 'Del' to enter BIOS on startup.
    2. Press Control + Alt + T to enter advanced flashing mode.
    3. Select the BIOS ROM and confirm flashing.
    4. Once the complete go back into the BIOS (Del) and verify XMP is enabled under the OC menu.
  • Mrburro
    Options

That worked great. Thank you so much for your help. Its all running nice and quiet again with the stock BIOS and the fan profiles are back in the menu.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99