How does my build look?

Options

Hello! I'm relatively new to computer building, and have put together a potential build that I hope to get up and running later this week if possible. My budget is capped at 1500, and I intend to use the computer for relatively high-end gaming on AAA titles and large Minecraft modpacks with shaders. I 've listed the parts below. I'd appreciate if anyone could let me know if the build looks good, or if there's anywhere I can improve. I also want to make sure I have all the ports I'll need as I made that mistake last time shopping for a PC. I currently make use of 1 HDMI port, 2 Display ports, 4 USB 3.0 ports, and 1 USB C port. Thanks!

CPU: (1) AMD Ryzen 7 7700 Raphael AM5 3.8GHz 8-Core Boxed Processor - Wraith Prism Cooler Included ($289.99 EACH)

Motherboard: (1) Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX AMD AM5 ATX Motherboard ($219.99 EACH)

RAM: (1) TeamGroup Vulcan 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000 CL38 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit FLBD532G6000HC3 - Black ($87.99 EACH)

Case: (1) Corsair 4000D Airflow Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black ($89.99 EACH)

Power Supply: (1) Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply ($103.99 EACH)

Video Card: (1) PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon Triple-Fan 16GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card ($549.99 EACH)

M.2 / NVMe SSD: (1) Samsung 980 Pro SSD 2TB M.2 NVMe Interface PCIe Gen 4x4 Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND 3 bit MLC Technology (MZ-V8P2T0B/AM) ($119.99 EACH)

Thermal Compound: (1) Corsair XTM50 High Performance Ultra Low Impedance Thermal Compound ($14.99 EACH)

Total: $1,476.92

Answers

• Shoan041
    Shoan041 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Awesomes 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
    Options

Hey,

I recommend when you come into one of our store that you get this bundle

It will be cheaper than those 3 parts together and it's a better processor. You will however need a cooler for it.

This is a good cooler for that CPU. You will not need that thermal paste. It comes with the cooler. You are also missing an Operating system. I recommend Windows 11 Home.

I hope this helps! A BYO associate at the store you go to can help you with minor tweaks and additional recommendations as well. There are other options that can work better for your situation!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99