Questions about parts and using pro assembly service

Options

First things, here's the list I've got picked out.

CPU: Intel - Core i9-13900K Raptor Lake 3.0GHz Twenty Four-Core LGA 1700 Boxed Processor - Heatsink Not Included

MB: MSI - Z790-A Pro WiFi D4 Intel LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard

RAM: TeamGroup - Vulcan 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000 CL38 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit FLBD532G6000HC3 - Black

Case: Lian Li - O11 Dynamic XL ROG Tempered Glass eATX Full Tower Computer Case - White

PSU: Corsair - RMx Series RM850x 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply

GPU: ASRock - AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT Taichi Overclocked Triple Fan 20GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card

Storage: Samsung - 980 Pro SSD 2TB M.2 NVMe Interface PCIe Gen 4x4 Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND 3 bit MLC Technology (MZ-V8P2T0B/AM)

Cooling: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L ARGB V2 Close-Loop AIO CPU Liquid Cooler - White

OS: Microsoft - Windows 11 Home 64-Bit FPP USB - English

Case Fans: Lian Li - ST120 Fluid Dynamic Bearing 120mm Case Fan - Black 3 Pack

This adds up to just about $2500 before the assembly fee. Price is tolerable but, depending on questions below, if you think there's anything that can be squeezed down go ahead and share (other than the case, I figure if I'm spending this much for something that should last 5-8 years without much fuss I want to like the way it looks)

• What are water cooling accessories, and do I need any (or any additional fans/cooling/thermal whatevers)? I would never touch water cooling if it wasnt being built for me, so I don't know much about it. Do I need any "accessories" as the part builder lists? Do I need anything else on top of that and the case fans?
  • Is this totally overkill? I can afford what is listed but it's still a good amount. I'm just tired of playing new games like Diablo or Baldurs Gate, and older games like Monster Hunter World or Destiny, on lower if not the lowest settings to get 40-60 frames. I want to play on high and ultra with a good and consistent FPS, and this will surely do that for years. But I've only got (as far as I can tell) 1080 144hz monitors, and I know a lot of this would carry me well above that. So is it worth "future proofing" if I decide to go up, or toning down what I've got?
  • What is the warranty for the pro service? If the PC starts having issues in a week, a month, 6 months, can I just bring it in? Or is there a cost for that?

Thanks for any answers.

Comments

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

I don't think the i9 is the best choice here for a gaming PC. The i7 is usually the best.

The all glass version of that case looks good but is poor at cooling compared to the Airflow versions.

Otherwise it seems OK. My 6800XT plays BG3 at 4K with good frame rates so a 7900XT will be able to do really high on a 1080p.

• Vaganza
    Vaganza ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls 5 LOLs
    Options

Get a look at the Bundle Deals they have going on, you can get a board, CPU and RAM together for a great price. i9 might not be as good for gaming NOW, but games in the future that might take advantage of multi-core more might be worthwhile. They have a great bundle of the i9, TUF board, and 32 GB of PC-6000 memory for only $799. My i9 is a 9th gen and still going strong. The 011 XL has plenty of airflow really, but go ahead and put 10 fans in there if you can. Custom build services offer 30 day labor warranty, but you can buy a complete build plan for 3 years on the system and it is treated like any PowerSpec where they can replace any of the components with the current model off the shelf parts that are equal or better, making the repairs quick if needed.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99