Head Back to School with the Perfect Tech Companions for Your Laptop!

Options

Ready or not, school is right around the corner. No matter where you are in your education journey, a new school year brings with it new challenges. Thankfully, there are ways to make those challenges a bit easier to handle. One way is to make sure you have the tech and accessories you need to really succeed. And for that, we turn to our Champions who have picked out some of their favorite, sometimes overlooked, back-to-school tech!

Acer 16PM1Q Abmiuuzx 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 60Hz Portable Monitor by @phil_lost_zephyr_

When going back to school, a laptop is all but essential to take notes and do research. However, you'll inevitably end up in a situation where you have ten internet tabs open, three apps, and sound playing from some unknown location. That's a lot of stuff for just a single screen, especially when you're frequently flipping back and forth between windows. However, there is a solution: a portable monitor. 

The Acer 16PM1Q is a great and affordable portable monitor that helps get the job done. The 16PM1Q is a light, 15.6-inch monitor that comes with a built-in stand that doubles as a screen cover for privacy and protection. The 16PM1Q primarily uses the included USB-C to USB-C cable, allowing you to connect and power your monitor with a single cable. Of course, not all laptops have a USB-C port. If that's your laptop, the 16PM1Q also has a mini HDMI port in its arsenal, as well as a power adapter port for powering it up. With all these cables included, the Acer 16PM1Q is loaded with everything the student needs to create productivity to the fullest for their next class! 

SanDisk Extreme Portable 2TB SSD USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C External Solid State Drive by @ronwoodson

Hey there, all you scholarly tech-heads! Are you ready to arm your brand-new laptop with the coolest, most indispensable accessories as you head back to school? And we're not just talking about rainbow-colored keyboards or pop culture-themed mouse pads. No, today we're all about beefing up your laptop’s abilities with a crucial piece of tech - an external SSD. Say hello to the SanDisk Extreme PRO 2TB SSD, your new BFF (Best Flash Friend)!

This external SSD isn’t just your regular data storage solution. Hailing from SanDisk, a brand trusted by professional photographers worldwide, the Extreme PRO Portable SSD is like a supercharged beast under the hood, delivering powerful NVMe solid state performance. Picture this - 2000MB/s1 read/write speeds - that's nearly 2x faster than the previous generation. Now, that's fast!

What’s more, it comes with a chic forged aluminum chassis. And no, it’s not just to look pretty (though it does add some serious style points). It doubles as a heatsink, helping you work faster and longer by delivering higher sustained speeds. How's that for a study session power-up?

Worried about your data while traveling across campus or planning an adventurous weekend getaway? No sweat. The SanDisk Extreme PRO has got you covered with a 5-year limited warranty. This baby is built tough, featuring up to three-meter drop protection and IP65 water and dust resistance. It's even got a nifty carabiner loop to secure it to your belt or backpack, so it's always close at hand.

Of course, we haven't forgotten about security. The SanDisk Extreme PRO is equipped with 256-bit AES hardware encryption to keep your data private. It’s like having an elite bodyguard for your files.

All you aspiring photographers, videographers, or anyone dealing with large files, you’ll appreciate this professional-grade storage solution. With 2TB capacity, you'll have ample room for your projects, favorite movies, or even the occasional video game for those much-needed study breaks.

Now, if you’re thinking, “That sounds great, but managing all my files sounds like a pain”, SanDisk has got you covered there too. With the SanDisk Memory Zone app, available on the Google Play store, you can unlock, access, and back up your files all in one place. It can even automatically move files from your device to your SSD to free up space. How convenient is that?

So why wait? Supercharge your back-to-school tech setup with the SanDisk Extreme PRO 2TB SSD and say hello to a stress-free, ultra-efficient academic year.

Happy studying and even happier data managing, folks!

SOLO Urban Hybrid Laptop Briefcase Fits Screens up to 15.6" - Gray - @Lambdaben

The SOLO Urban Hybrid laptop briefcase backpack is a versatile and durable companion for all your daily school adventures. With multiple spacious compartments, it offers ample storage for your belongings, including a padded laptop sleeve to keep your tech safe on the go. It's hybrid design and padded shoulder straps ensure maximum comfort, making it suitable for both work and leisure activities. Whether you're heading to school, hitting the streets, or exploring the city, this backpack is a reliable and stylish choice to keep your essentials organized and secure.

Logitech G G305 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse by @ricardo_ortega

As the summer is ending, it is almost time to go back to school, and what better way to prepare than by upgrading our tech accessories and supplies? I don’t like using the laptop trackpad when I am on campus, so I carry a mouse on the go. Of course, I lean more toward a wireless mouse rather than a wired one since it can be a hassle and it can get tangled up in the bag. With a wireless mouse, you don't need to worry about wires, just a dongle that will be plugged into your laptop 99% of the time. If that sounds ideal to you, I highly recommend the Logitech G305 Lightspeed Gaming Mouse.

The G305 isn't just a great mouse because it's wireless, it's a perfect schoolmate thanks to its lightweight, stylish design. This mouse has two side buttons and a DPI button to adjust the mouse sensitivity, so if you have little room to use the mouse, you can increase the DPI for faster cursor movement. Now, although it relies on an (included) AA battery, the life per battery can go up to 250 hours, so you won't have to worry about your mouse dying in the middle of your third class of the day. Don’t forget that this mouse is a gaming mouse, so whenever you are in the mood to game for a bit, the G305 has your back. It also comes in a slew of colors, including black, white, lilac, mint, and blue

ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QR 26.95" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 165Hz Gaming Monitor Platinum Collection  - @Julia_V

The TUF Gaming monitor is a great choice for a back-to-school accessory, as it combines the best of both worlds for work and play. Whether you are shopping for a new monitor as an upgrade for a gaming PC, or if you are looking for a monitor to connect to a laptop, this monitor is extremely flexible and can be used in many different ways. 

Featuring a Full HD IPS display with a fast 165Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time, the ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QR is fully adjustable with the ability to rotate to a vertical configuration. The IPS display gives the user incredible viewing angles and sharp visuals with no compromise. With two HDMI inputs and a DisplayPort input, the monitor can be used for both a computer and a gaming console. When I lived in the dorms with roommates, the optimization of space was crucial as I only had so much room to myself. During the day, I can use the monitor to work on my papers. When it is time to relax, I can take advantage of the fast refresh rate and the amazing image quality of the screen to play games. One other detail of this monitor that I love is the compact nature of the stand. Many gaming monitors these days have a kickstand that takes up quite a lot of space on the desk. The VG279QR features a square stand that maximizes desk space, which is extremely valuable when there is not a lot of it to begin with.

More from the Micro Center Community:

Looking for more information about tech buying? We’ve got Community sections dedicated to buying guides and reviews, as well as buying guides for Back-To-School Computers and Build-Your-Own Computers. And if you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to post a new discussion and the Community will be happy to help!

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99