How to change the case fans on my PowerSpec G715?

Options
louben2760
louben2760 ✭✭
First Anniversary
edited July 2023 in PowerSpec

Hello,

I have recently bought new Noctua 120mm x 25 case fans to replace the default Lian Li case fans to see if it is more quiet ( looking to see which one it is more quiet).

I have never changed a case fan and looking into the motherboard manual I am a bit confused . The only thing I have changed /upgraded in the past is the RAM, which I have also bought two additional sticks of 8gb.

I am a bit concerned about BIOS as I have never installed anything more than RAM. If I am that worried , should i just let the technicians at my local MicroCenter do it? I would be spending money but i really dont want to mess it up. I bought MicroCenter extended warranty but obviously dont want to use it unless it is absolutely necessary. Thank you so much.

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@louben2760

Should be pretty straight forward. You're going to have two cables coming off of each fan. One for the fan power and control and one for RGB. The latter will be daisy chained together. Installing the new fan should be simpler. Single fan cable only. Just connect that to one of the the available chassis fan header. The board has three total. The top mounted radiator fans use the CPU_FAN header. The pump goes to CHA_FAN3, we have this set to full speed. Connect your fans to CHA_FAN1 and 2. Should be all set. They're right next to each other on the bottom, middle part of the board.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99