Request for a Review of my Possible PC Build

Options

Hello!

This is my first PC build I'm doing solo (I've physically put them together on my own, but have always had someone help pick parts for me). So I'm a little nervous if I made "good" choices or not. I was just looking to see if anyone has any suggestions or sees any glaring red flags with the parts I had picked for myself?

I'm not a huge fan of RGB lights and am more interested in function over style so I'm not looking for aesthetic advice, just to see if I forgot something important, there's compatibility issues, etc. I would be using it primarily for gaming but also occasional video and other commercial art projects for my side work so I don't need a ton of power but ideally a good graphical output and decent speed would be nice. Something I don't need to worry about upgrading for a couple years at least would also be nice. Most confused about CPU and motherboard choices so those are the two things I'm really unsure about and would greatly appreciate any advice on!

The parts are listed below:

CPU: (1) Intel Core i7-13700K Raptor Lake 3.4GHz Sixteen-Core LGA 1700 Boxed Processor - Heatsink Not Included ($407.98 EACH)

Motherboard: (1) MSI B660M MAG Mortar Max WiFi D4 Intel LGA 1700 microATX Motherboard ($179.99 EACH)

RAM: (1) Crucial Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL22 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit CP2K16G4DFRA32A - Black ($49.99 EACH)

Case: (1) Fractal Design North Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - White/Oak ($169.99 EACH)

Power Supply: (1) Corsair RM750 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply - White ($129.99 EACH)

Video Card: (1) ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Dual White Edition Overclocked Dual Fan 12GB GDDR6X PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card ($609.99 EACH)

M.2 / NVMe SSD: (1) Samsung 980 Pro SSD 2TB M.2 NVMe Interface PCIe Gen 4x4 Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND 3 bit MLC Technology (MZ-V8P2T0B/AM) ($109.99 EACH)

Heatsink: (1) DeepCool AG400 ARGB Single-Tower CPU Cooler - White ($25.99 EACH)

Thermal Compound: (1) Corsair XTM50 High Performance Ultra Low Impedance Thermal Compound ($14.99 EACH)

Total: $1,698.90

Thank you for any advice!! ^_^

Comments

• Vaganza
    Vaganza ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls 5 LOLs
    Options

Looks fine to me

• Lambdaben
    Options

Any reason why you didn't opt for the 13700K bundle? You would save money, get a better motherboard and still keep a similar color scheme to what you have currently.

Also, the cooler comes with thermal paste so you don't necessarily need to purchase another one unless you just prefer the XTM50......

Just my two cents.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

Intel's site says the max power of the 13700K is 253W while DeepCool says the AG400 is good to 220W. So that's probably close enough and you probably won't run it at 100% for extended periods. Just in case, consider the next model up, the AK500, which is good to 240W or the AK600 which is all the way up to 260W.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99