Beyerdynamic DT 770 bent headphone jack problem

Options

About a year and a half ago, my parents bought me Beyerdynamic DT 770 headphones and about a few months later, due to the length of the wire and no cable management, I stepped on the wire and bent the headphone jack. My parents had told me they had a warranty (2 years to my knowledge) but they had said the warranty didn't cover accidents like this situation. So I was wondering, is this something easily fixable either myself or some company I can go to to help fix the headphones, or if the warranty actually does actually cover incidents like this? If not, then are there different types of warranties when it comes to peripherals like this?

Answers

• Aodhan_Gorman
    Options

I do not know anyone specifically who would repair an audio jack but if you wanted to look into learning soldering and small electronics repair, you could potentially end up with just having to solder 2 or 3 wires back together inside the audio jack. We do offer soldering materials and tools in our DIY department which may be a good place to start as well!

We do offer accidental damage plans on headphones which would cover this sort of issue so I would definitely recommend that if you decide to just fully replace the headphones!

• CameronStrauser
    Options
    I was planning on looking more into the warranty today just in case what my parents had said wasn’t the case (fingers crossed). I am definitely not advanced enough to solder the wires back together but I appreciate the help nonetheless!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99