How many storages to have and how to use them

Options

I am still fairly new to PC modifying(not really building any from scratch). I hear and read SSD is the faster storage compared to HD. My computer build came with a SSD of 240GB and a HD of 2TB. For a while my computer seems to take quite some time to load anything and some delays every now and then. It may be because my HD is getting close to full so I have cleaned it a bit, but it still takes a while to load things up. I want to upgrade the SSD and change the HD to a bigger SSD. I am also going to upgrade my CPU as well. Is it okay to not have a HD and go with two SSD? Also should I save my games on same SSD that has all the OS for the computer?

Best Answer

• Vaganza
    Vaganza ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls 5 LOLs
    Answer ✓
    Options

You will not have to upgrade your CPU for this. HDD are not required at all, you can add as many SSDs as your board will support. I'd probably run a 1 TB main SSD and a 2-4 TB secondary personally. Or just replace your main one with a 4 TB, prices are getting good. If you get a Samsung drive it has a great utility to migrate your system as well so upgrading is easier.

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99