How can I use mystic, or another software, not picky, to control my case fan colors? (G442)

Options
Landon277
Landon277
First Comment
edited September 2023 in PowerSpec

Just recently started trying to change my case fan colors to colors not in the selected rotation on the F panel buttons and just easy sync them with the other fans in general. Yesterday I made a post on the G442's webpage and was told that the controller should be synced, how can I do this? At least to me and according to the answer given on the post yesterday, it seems as if the controller for the fans on the back of the mobo is plugged into the JRAINBOW2 header in the top right of the mobo, I have tried OpenRGB with some success, a few other software that didn't work at all, and Mystic Light. In Mystic I have tried addressing the JRAINBOW2 header as well as each other header option individually and the select all options, all to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

I'm attaching a picture of the controller in case it matters.

Best Answer

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Landon277

Correct, toggle M until it matches the color, then the motherboard is synced with the controller. If you change it in software at that point it should change all the RGB's. If you ever press M/C again though, it's desynced.

Do you mean you unplugged the ARGB fans from the controller and connected them to the board? This is fine, you don't have to use the ARGB controller. But if it's not working correctly we will replace it.

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Landon277

Easiest way is to set a static color in Mystic Light then just toggle the mode until it matches that color. If that's not working, it possible you have a bad controller which we can replace. Are you seeing any other unusual patterns from the RGB's on the chassis fans?

• Landon277
    Landon277
    First Comment
    edited September 2023
    Options

I'm assuming by "toggle the mode" you're referring to the C/M buttons on the front panel?

Nothing unusual, just trying to make it so I can use software as I dont think there's a way to do what I want using the buttons on the F Panel (make the leds black or just off for the times I leave it on overnight and it being in my room). I did try just unplugging all the ARGB headers from the controller and it seemed to be fine but I can just think of something going wrong with that.

• Thank you, from your assistance I was able to sync the case fans, appreciate all of your help!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99